Bi ..... They Are A Changing

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well the rules anyway if there is such a thing ..... twice in Cebu I had to go down to the BI and change my address on my 13a ACR I card (well they don't actually change it on the card jut your records)  ... went in filed out a form and paided p500 for change of address and walked out ..... well I finally got around to doing that here in Bacolod ....... and guess what some changes ..... first off for every month you do not notify them of your change of ddress they charge you p200 (that did not change) but now they require you to get a Brgy clearance and the Brgy now requires you to get a Purok clearance to be submited to the Bgry first ..... I will also need to bring pictures .... photo copy passport .... photocopy ACR I card and this years and last years reciept for yearly registration ...... I understand I will lso have forms to fill out .......

Going down later to the BI so I'll let you know what else I have to bring ...... oh the joy ..... :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 3

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Just curios to know what would happen if you never told them at all your address changed?  Would they ever know?  Would it matter?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OK just got back ...... my god the BI office here in Bacolod (really just a satellite) is back off the main road and you have to walk down an gravel ally to get to it ..... looks like it was a house converted into a BI office ..... first off the people working there are very very nice and helpful and unlike in Cebu they actually smile at you .....  :thumbsup:  ..... we had all the paperwork and copies but still we needed two more copies of something so the asawa went down the street and got them .... I had to be finger-printed (both thumb prints) and they filled out a card to go in their file with my name ... address ... Father & Mothers name ..... picture ....  phone number .... place of birth etc. ...... she said they keep this in the office so when we come in next year to register they will know who I am .....  :mocking: ....... so I guess every office does things a little different ..... anyway cost was P1210 ..... p510 for changing the address ..... p500 for express-lane fee and and p200 because I didn't register in the month I moved here ...... but everything had a receipt and was above board .....  not sure just how many work there but we only saw 5 plus the guard ..... and they don't shut down for lunch ..... not sure when they open but they close at 5:30pm ... Mon - Fri ..... closed for holidays ..... all in all not a bad experience ..... but will have to go to Iilo-Iilo when my perm ACR I card expires either next year or the year after ... not sure ..... kinda waiting to see if they will extend the FBI clearance to those renewing their perm ACR-I card ..... not worried about the financial or NBI clearance thing ...... if they do make me get an FBI clearance there is no way I'm going back to the US to get it so I may have to settle for a SRRV visa ..... it seems to be the lesser of two evils ..... to much trouble leaving the country each year and coming back as a BB ..... as they may change the ruling on people doing that at anytime .... but then who knows ......

Anyway our experience at Bacolod BI ......   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :cheersty: 

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just curios to know what would happen if you never told them at all your address changed?  Would they ever know?  Would it matter?

Well not sure Steve ..... not really sure how they could find out ... all I know is that we moved to another Island and when we went to register next year they might know ...... like I said the fine is p200 for each month you don't register your new address ..... I just don't like to take unnecessary chances especially with the BI ...... IMHO ..... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

. but will have to go to Iilo-Iilo when my perm ACR I card expires either next year or the year after ... not sure .

BI does the ACR-I card in Bacolod. I got mine there (I have been down that alley many times) I do the tourist visa renewals every 2 months. I get a smile from the lady every time that I ask for a 6 month extension. Which line was the express lane? The one on the left or the one on the left or the one on the left?

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

. but will have to go to Iilo-Iilo when my perm ACR I card expires either next year or the year after ... not sure .

BI does the ACR-I card in Bacolod. I got mine there (I have been down that alley many times) I do the tourist visa renewals every 2 months. I get a smile from the lady every time that I ask for a 6 month extension. Which line was the express lane? The one on the left or the one on the left or the one on the left?

Yes the Tourists ACR-I card can be done in Bacolod but a 13A ACR-I card must be done in Intramuros, Iloilo, or Mandaue. Someone said possibly Davao but not sure.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Which line was the express lane? The one on the left or the one on the left or the one on the left?

Don't think either one as it took about 2 hours just to get a change of address ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  ...... but I ain't complaining as the aircon is cold and the seats comfortable .... :mocking: :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just as a word of caution to those venturing there for the first time ... the security guard told us that the area is not really considered safe as a few foreigners had bags snatched and one had his motorcycle stolen ..... there is a large squatters area  behind one of the large government buildings on the street right across from the ally.... he also said the guards in front of it don't do anything to help ..... just ignore what is going on around them ... so he told us to be careful .....

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Went to BI in Olongapo City / Subic for the first time on Thursday, for my tourist renewal.  Nice folks there and it took less 30 minutes, I think.  I forgot I needed passport copies but they will make them for p10 each.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I had to be finger-printed (both thumb prints) and they filled out a card to go in their file with my name ... address ... Father & Mothers name ..... picture ....  phone number .... place of birth etc. ...... she said they keep this in the office so when we come in next year to register they will know who I am .....  :mocking:  ..

Might be they took a look at you and decided next year you may not know who you are so kept a record to remind you.  :nudie:  :hystery:

• Like 2