Bi ..... They Are A Changing

richy
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone I am a new member here. I was wondering if anyone had sent off for the background check that the FBI does and submitted all the required paperwork to Philippine immigration for the 13 a visa and if so did you just submit the FBI background check that was mailed back to you, or did you get it authenicated.

Thanks 

richy
Posted
Posted

Was gonna go down this path.... I think I will just stick with the BB visa for now.  At least I know I get to leave here once a year to "collect my thoughts".

I was wondering if you have already left the Philippines for a visa run and when you came back you got a balikbayan visa is this possible as long as my wife leaves with me and brings our marriage certificate?

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello everyone I am a new member here. I was wondering if anyone had sent off for the background check that the FBI does and submitted all the required paperwork to Philippine immigration for the 13 a visa and if so did you just submit the FBI background check that was mailed back to you, or did you get it authenicated.

Thanks 

Because the Philippines is not signatory of the Hague Convention, it will require an Apostille to be affixed in the US followed by authentication by the Philippine Embassy in Washington before it will be accepted here.

Edited by Markham
  • Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Was gonna go down this path.... I think I will just stick with the BB visa for now.  At least I know I get to leave here once a year to "collect my thoughts".

I was wondering if you have already left the Philippines for a visa run and when you came back you got a balikbayan visa is this possible as long as my wife leaves with me and brings our marriage certificate?

Your wife has to enter back in to the country at the same time you do.  Her passport now has my last name and we always bring a copy of our marriage certificate with us but they never ask for it.

• Like 1