Bi ..... They Are A Changing

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:hystery: :hystery:  ..... well to tell the truth she did say to call before we came in next year to make sure they didn't change the regulations ...... bet you can't do that in a big city BI ..... we used to try and call Cebu and finally just gave up as the phone would ring and ring .... but nobody home ..... :mocking: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

kinda waiting to see if they will extend the FBI clearance to those renewing their perm ACR-I card

I think that's highly unlikely, Mike. But they may require a NBI Clearance - for which you'll probably also need Barangay and Purok clearances - plus a note from your mum! :hystery:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

kinda waiting to see if they will extend the FBI clearance to those renewing their perm ACR-I card

I think that's highly unlikely, Mike. But they may require a NBI Clearance - for which you'll probably also need Barangay and Purok clearances - plus a note from your mum! :hystery:

I sure hope your right ..... not that I'm worried about the FBI clearance as I had a Federal Fire Arms License before I left the US and you know how strict they are just that for now I understand you have to go back to the US as you must be fingerprinted in person .... (or so I'm told) ...... and the NBI Clearance should be a snap as the asawa keeps me on a tight leash ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ..... no problem with the Brgy and Purok as they are both right down the street as I had to go there the other day to get my address confirmed for the BI ..... 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For all you poor and unfortunate Americans needing the FBI clearance, could you not initiate it through your embassy or consulate?  After all, what are they there for if not to help their people abroad?

:unsure:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

first off the people working there are very very nice and helpful and unlike in Cebu they actually smile at you ..... :thumbsup: 

Not odd if they smile at us crazy foreigners, who say OK to pay many different fees...  :mocking:   
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

For all you poor and unfortunate Americans needing the FBI clearance, could you not initiate it through your embassy or consulate?  After all, what are they there for if not to help their people abroad?

Unfortunately Bob the US Embassy here is about as helpful as t*ts on a bull ..... and by the way this new requirement applies to all countries that have a national police force ..... so you would have to get one from Canada ..... would that be the Mounties for you guys????????? .....

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OK here is some more info I got from else where ......

The new requirement is for a national police clearance from the applicant's country of origin. For US Citizens, the nearest equivalent to a national police clearance is the FBI Criminal Background Check, This background check, when acquired, must be forwarded to the Department of State for Apostille certification, and then forwarded to one of the Philippine embassies in the USA for authentication. I was told by the supervising attorney at BI in Intramuros that the FBI check is the only acceptable clearance. This can all be done via snail mail service, thus saving you the time and expense of unnecessary return to the USA.

And this ....................

I looked at FBI website and Department of State and with Philippine embassy the total cost for the background check will be 51 USD but that is not including mail cost. It cost 18 USD for background, certification by department of state is 8 USD and Philippine embassies in US charge 25 USD for authentication

Sorry this info came from another website and is for the US only .... I have no idea about other countries ...... hope this helps someone .... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 2

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Was gonna go down this path.... I think I will just stick with the BB visa for now.  At least I know I get to leave here once a year to "collect my thoughts".

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately Bob the US Embassy here is about as helpful as t*ts on a bull ..... and by the way this new requirement applies to all countries that have a national police force ..... so you would have to get one from Canada ..... would that be the Mounties for you guys????????? .....

Most definitely the RCMP.  It is easy to do from out of country by simply going on-line and getting the form.  Fingerprints are required and can be completed at any local police station that does do fingerprinting services.  The big issue is that, at present, it takes about 150 days for the RCMP to complete.

We can also use third party companies such as BackCheck though I don't know if they are acceptable in the Philippines - it is still an official RCMP check.

it is still easiest if we do this before we leave Canada - just go to your local police station and ask for a CPIC.  

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Update from another source ...........

This refers to your letter of April 13, 2013 regarding the process of securing a police clearance from the U.S. Following are the steps you must take in order to secure an FBI clearance:

1. Applicant should get fingerprints taken at any local Philippine National Police (PNP) or National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) office.
  2. Applicant will need to mail the fingerprint card to the U.S. to get a report back. Send it to:

Criminal Justice Information Services Division

1000 Custer Hollow Road

Clarksburg, WV 26306-0001

1. For further information, please call (304) 625-2000.

I hope you find this information useful.

Sincerely,

Passport and Citizenship Unit

American Citizen Services

U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines

And this

From the FBI website;

Fill out form FD 1-783

Get fingerprints on form FD-258

Send both plus money order to:

FBI CJIS Division – Record Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306

You will be sent an offical FBI Background Check Document from the FBI.

Where does it state that this has to be then notorized, authenicated further to satisfy the Philippine BI for the purpose of obtaining a 13a perminent residency?

When you submit all your documents to the BI, your also submitting a letter stating all documents are official and acurate to the best of your knowledge, signed by you...