Recommendation For A Furniture Maker

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am not sure about it Dave, just going on what I saw.

Crazy thing about furniture though (with due respect to Mac Bubba and On My Way who know a bit more about it), is that you can fall in love with a piece of furniture enough to buy it on the spot. By the time you get it home, it looks completely different, in a different setting and you will immediately think. Why did I buy that?

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
is that you can fall in love with a piece of furniture enough to but it on the spot. By the time you get it home, it looks completely different, in a different setting and you will immediately think. Why did I buy that?

Our friend in Baguio saw a table way up north and bought it on the spot, delivery included.  It arrived a few weeks later and was so big it would not go in the anticipated spot on the 3rd floor.  It was so heavy it too 10 or 12 guys to get it to only large enough spot, on the second floor.  I tried to lift a corner and I had to strain to get one leg an inch off of the floor!  I can't remember what the wood is, but it is rock solid!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

is that you can fall in love with a piece of furniture enough to but it on the spot. By the time you get it home, it looks completely different, in a different setting and you will immediately think. Why did I buy that?

Our friend in Baguio saw a table way up north and bought it on the spot, delivery included.  It arrived a few weeks later and was so big it would not go in the anticipated spot on the 3rd floor.  It was so heavy it too 10 or 12 guys to get it to only large enough spot, on the second floor.  I tried to lift a corner and I had to strain to get one leg an inch off of the floor!  I can't remember what the wood is, but it is rock solid!

Might be narra wood. I picked up a small coffee table when we visited the Banaue Rice Terraces. Table was solid wood almost 2 inches thick with an inlaid chess table. Very solid piece. As I recall it cost about 3k pesos. Very heavy.

I know of several quality furniture makers in Baguio. One made a nice cabinet for a 4 burner range top for me. Very well made with quality components.

• Like 3