Searching For Fast Internet Solution At New Baguio Apartment

Davaoguy
Posted
Posted

are small pets, cats and dogs allowed in the units? if not, do you know what places would allow small pets? any units available in your area? Is your place inside a apartment complex? Like there are multiple floors to your building? The few dogs that do bark, are they in your building, or next door, or strays? I need it relatively quiet for my work online, no loud background noises, dogs, road noise, etc...

earthdome
Posted
Posted

are small pets, cats and dogs allowed in the units? if not, do you know what places would allow small pets? any units available in your area? Is your place inside a apartment complex? Like there are multiple floors to your building? The few dogs that do bark, are they in your building, or next door, or strays? I need it relatively quiet for my work online, no loud background noises, dogs, road noise, etc...

It is a 4 story building. The first floor has a convenience store. The second floor has 4 studio apartments. The third floor has 3 2br apartments. The fourth floor has an office suite and one studio apartment. Currently the office suite and a 2br apartment are vacant.

Two tenants have small dogs. Every once in a while one of the small dogs on the second floor will start barking, but it really isn't that often. A house across the street used to have a dog that barked alot but then they got a couple more dogs and the barking is much less now.

As things go in the Philippines it is relatively quiet. The time of day you need to work online will be when you will need quiet. Are you working at night? If so, things are very quiet here then. My apartment faces the front so there is more road noise. A middle or back apartment will be quieter.

You could use one of the bedrooms as your office and install heavy curtains, carpet, etc. to help dampen sound.

• Like 1

Davaoguy
Posted
Posted

so, you are staying in a 2 br? on the 3rd floor, but your facing the street at the end?The other 2 br is facing the rear or middle? Are there 3 columns of apt per floor, front, middle and back? and the office suite? what is that compared to a 2 br? how much?  I would be working from 6am-noon, then 6pm-11pm, what are the noise levels during those times? Good thing the 2 br's are on the 3rd floor and not the 2nd floor next to the tenants who have the small dogs, that could be annoying, maybe still hear them through floor? but doubt it, since most Philippine buildings are made of concrete. Furnished or unfurnished? that could be difficult having movers bring in all kinds of furniture up 3-4 flights of stairs, doubt it would fit, bed mattress and frames, large screen LED tv's, living room furniture, etc, plus get your exercise going up an the stairs daily for groceries and just to get into your place, that could be exercise for everyone :)

earthdome
Posted
Posted

so, you are staying in a 2 br? on the 3rd floor, but your facing the street at the end?The other 2 br is facing the rear or middle? Are there 3 columns of apt per floor, front, middle and back? and the office suite? what is that compared to a 2 br? how much?  I would be working from 6am-noon, then 6pm-11pm, what are the noise levels during those times? Good thing the 2 br's are on the 3rd floor and not the 2nd floor next to the tenants who have the small dogs, that could be annoying, maybe still hear them through floor? but doubt it, since most Philippine buildings are made of concrete. Furnished or unfurnished? that could be difficult having movers bring in all kinds of furniture up 3-4 flights of stairs, doubt it would fit, bed mattress and frames, large screen LED tv's, living room furniture, etc, plus get your exercise going up an the stairs daily for groceries and just to get into your place, that could be exercise for everyone :)

Yes, facing the street on the front. The other 2BR only have windows and doors on each end which don't face the street.

The office suite is the size of 3 studio apartments, it takes up 3/4'ths of the fourth floor. I believe the rent is 25k pesos/month. It has windows that face the front but with all that room you can choose the quietest place for your home office.

The best thing would be for you to hangout in front of the building during your office hours to get a feel for the noise. I did live in the middle 2br for a short while and there really wasn't much street noise.

You can have things delivered or hire filipinos to move heavy things. Movers did ok moving my things in including a full size bed and large closet.

Yeah, you get a bit of exercise going up and down the steps. Not as bad as one nice 2BR apartment I looked at in a new building. It was 90 steps away from the road. All uphill from the apartment.

I don't know what more I can tell you. You will just have to see it for yourself.