Exit Clearance Certificate Query?

bootleultras
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is it possible to get the exit clearance by just going straight to the airport or am I just going to get turned away?

This is more a question on behalf of an Aussie company I'm doing work for who want to send about 6 guys over to Melbourne on Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Chris

Edited by bootleultras

bootleultras
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry to confuse everyone, it should say Exit clearance!!!! Is it possible for someone to change that for me? :cheersty:

Edited by bootleultras

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I was told by the fat guy at BI Mandaue that ECC for tourists who have been here over 6 months must be obtained through the BI office there in Mandaue, although I suppose it could be done in Manila also.

But this may not apply if you are on a Visa other than tourist.  Sorry I cannot be more help.

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

No worries I know I need one and can get it here just checking if the airport can do it even though I know I'd have to get there a lot earlier to get through the process of sorting it out.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

You can get it at the Manila airport. I was told you need about 6 hours or the night before you leave. I have read of others that did not have it and paid the fee+ at immigration. As always, the rules are always changing.

It would be best if the 6 guys went to Manila the day before leaving PI. I am sure that 6 guys could find something to do.  :thumbsup:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If staying more than 59 days but less than 6 months, you have the option of paying at either one of the BI Regional offices or you can pay at the airport.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

If staying more than 59 days but less than 6 months, you have the option of paying at either one of the BI Regional offices or you can pay at the airport.

I just left after about 74 days and I did not have nor was I asked about any exit clearance. I simply got in line and presented by passport with the 2 extention stamps in it. I offered my ACR card but the BI officer was not interested in it. No big deal.  

I was not aware of the need for any exit clearance. No one has asked before so I never had a problem.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I just left after about 74 days and I did not have nor was I asked about any exit clearance. I simply got in line and presented by passport with the 2 extention stamps in it. I offered my ACR card but the BI officer was not interested in it. No big deal.  

I was not aware of the need for any exit clearance. No one has asked before so I never had a problem.

The ECC is needed if you stay more than 6 months. You can get it at Cebu, Davao, Manila, or Manila Airport. The info is in another thread. I got mine at Cebu.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

You can also get it at Clark. I saw a window for ECC at the Baguio BI office.

Duma
Posted
Posted

I got my exit certicate in terminal 3 at the airport in Manila.  At the customs counter the immigration officer pointed to the ecc window told me to get the certificate and come back.  The process took the best part of 3 minutes paid I think 2,330 php back to the officer and then good to go.