Exit Clearance Certificate Query?

Markham
Posted
Posted

In addition you may not now need to pay the terminal fee as the Government is now requiring this to be added-in to the cost of the air ticket. You should check with your international carrier if your ticket includes the terminal fee otherwise you will have to pay it in cash after check-in.

johnb
Posted
Posted

Regarding the ECC, I left the Philippines via Manila in early July, my total stay in the Philippines was just one week under six months so I didn't require an ECC,however the airport immigration officer asked me how long i had been in the Philippines, after I told her she asked me to wait and took my passport to her superviser, on returning she said I had to pay for an ECC because i had been in the Philippines for nearly six months lol. I politely questioned the logic and the decision, she wouldnt budge, and was pointed toward a small glass window with a cashier to pay for my ECC [ so yes you can still buy ECC at manila airport] when I got to the window I noticed the lady cashier was wearing a BI ID card, so i asked why i had to pay when i havent been here for six months, she said you dont, and looked through my passport till she found a certain stamp and said show this  to the immigation officers, i then got back in line and showed the stamp to the same officer that had just refused my departure, she looked at me looked at the stamp, stamped my passport and I paid nothing, but not a word of apology for messing me around..........

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Consistency - It's more fun in the Philippines!

• Like 1

Sean.Man
Posted
Posted

I was able to get one at the immigration office in clark, here in angeles. they said its good till your extension date. or thirty days prior to departure. also you can request one on your last two month extension. but yeah, they told me to just show it when they stamp my passport. they should accept it right? im hoping they wont make me go and get a new one there in manila, or say the one i have is invalid, i can never be sure what to expect here. 

John B, that is what i am thinking will happen, they'll look at my passport and see i'm three days short of a year and charge me anyway. hopefully the same thing will happen to me as it did you, and i get a BI officer like that who will tell them otherwise. nearly six months or nearly a year doesn't make it one. i could try telling them that but i'm sure they wont care what i have to say. but thats the Philippines for you, not a whole of genuineness going around. 

thanks guys for the input. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

six months or nearly a year doesn't make it one. i could try telling them that but i'm sure they wont care what i have to say. but thats the Philippines for you, not a whole of genuineness going around.

Not sure if I understood that but after 6 months you need an ECC