Exit Clearance Certificate Query?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Yes, Bob, we will never understand the BI process as it is not consistent. It is the same when buying a house or a car. Everyone has a different story.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I said an "Exit Clearance FEE" was paid AFTER 59 DAYS.

Who here has ever paid any exit clearance FEE after 59 days but before 6 months that is not part of the Visa renewal process?  Can you cut and paste the quote from the BI web site that you are getting that from?

Until Bob mentioned it I have never heard of it or heard of anyone paying it?  When I have left the country before 6 months I just went to the airport, paid the airport fee of 550 (Mactan airport) and flew out. If you think there is some secret fee hidden in that you are dead wrong. Everyone pays that.  Locals, tourists (1 day or 2 years it don't matter), 13a's  Balikbayans . . everyone and its always the same 550 for International and 200 (I think) for domestic and I heard it changes depending on the airport because it is an 'airport' tax.  There was never an extra fee on my ticket or at the airport.  Has this changed?

Because, Bob, I just don't get it.  Have you ever paid it?  Has anyone?  I mean no offense Bob, but what you are writing sounds like a bunch of gobbledygook that bears no relation to what I have experienced leaving the country.  I hope you can supply the quotes to back it up.

After being in the Philippines for 6 months, you technically are suppose to get an ACR-I card which will cover these fees after this point.
 The Tourist ACR card is required after 59 days, Bob but you can get around it if you have one that is still valid from a previous visit.

I was seriously thinking of writing a Blog on this forum about Immigration fees and processes but they keep changing things.

Actually, I have been in and out of this country 8 or more times in the last 6 years and things haven't changed all that much.  There are some things that are interpreted differently in different BI offices but no huge differences.

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Well just to clear this up, my friends went and processed their papers for 500p the other day, I'm going tomorrow to confirm......agree with most of the advice but as some mention you don't pay any fees apart from the regular extensions which are after 21 days then every 2 months....after 6 months you obviously have to get the additional exit clearance which was the whole point of the OP anyone mentioning additional fees apart from the norm have been ripped off on there visits as I've never paid any extras for the past 10 years

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Bob, I can only think you were referring to the tax which we all pay whenever we leave the Phillipines.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

When I got my 2nd extention, I HAD to pay for the ACR card. No choice I was told. So call it a tax or a fee, it is still money out of your pocket.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I said an "Exit Clearance FEE" was paid AFTER 59 DAYS.

Who here has ever paid any exit clearance FEE after 59 days but before 6 months that is not part of the Visa renewal process?  Can you cut and paste the quote from the BI web site that you are getting that from?

Until Bob mentioned it I have never heard of it or heard of anyone paying it?  When I have left the country before 6 months I just went to the airport, paid the airport fee of 550 (Mactan airport) and flew out. If you think there is some secret fee hidden in that you are dead wrong. Everyone pays that.  Locals, tourists (1 day or 2 years it don't matter), 13a's  Balikbayans . . everyone and its always the same 550 for International and 200 (I think) for domestic and I heard it changes depending on the airport because it is an 'airport' tax.  There was never an extra fee on my ticket or at the airport.  Has this changed?

Because, Bob, I just don't get it.  Have you ever paid it?  Has anyone?  I mean no offense Bob, but what you are writing sounds like a bunch of gobbledygook that bears no relation to what I have experienced leaving the country.  I hope you can supply the quotes to back it up.

After being in the Philippines for 6 months, you technically are suppose to get an ACR-I card which will cover these fees after this point.
 The Tourist ACR card is required after 59 days, Bob but you can get around it if you have one that is still valid from a previous visit.

I was seriously thinking of writing a Blog on this forum about Immigration fees and processes but they keep changing things.

Actually, I have been in and out of this country 8 or more times in the last 6 years and things haven't changed all that much.  There are some things that are interpreted differently in different BI offices but no huge differences.

Regarding the ACR card?  I did make an error when I wrote after 6 months.  Dummy me knows it's after the 59 days.  I just wrote in the wrong time line.

The reference I used above is from the Philippine Embassy in the US.  A link to the pertinent page is

http://manila.usemba....html#ExitClear

and the info?  Copied straight from their page:

Exit Clearances

If you meet the following classifications below, you will need to follow the instructions and apply for the proper exit clearance at one of the five BIregional offices. Sub-ports cannot process exit clearance permits. All fees and conditions are subject to change. Normal processing time of 4-5 business days (expedite option available in most cases for +Php500).

1. Tourist: 59 days - 6 months

Tourists staying more than 59 days but less than 6 months must pay an exit clearance fee. If your date of departure is certain, this can be paid through one of the five BI regional offices; otherwise, the exit fee can be paid at the airport upon your departure.

2. Tourist 6 months+

Tourists staying more than 6 months must obtain an Emigration Clearance Certificate(ECC) from BI. You must submit the proper form along with 3 passport-sized photographs and the visa fees.

I have a copy somewhere showing the Immigration and Exit fees separately   Now they are lumped together by the looks of things.  After I finish moving and can find my other computer, I will post the other chart if you'd like.  

Why do they say you have to go to the airport to pay these fees if you have an ACR card?  Some ACR cards have the fee included.  Some were processed without the Exit Fee.  Some people never picked up their ACR cards and they were destroyed.  And some people never bothered to apply if it wasn't forced on them during renewal.  So you were suppose to go to either BI to pay or to just pay at the airport on your way out.  BUT most of the airports - until recently - could not even read the ACR card chip with told them if you had paid or not - so many of the staff at the airport didn't even bother.  There were also a few other reasons but I won't go into them today.  So - if you did not have or show an ACR Card?  You got a freebie!  This I hear is changing now and soon all the airport ACR Card scanners will be operational and in use.  And BI is enforcing through all their offices that the ACR Card is obtained at the appropriate times now.  Soon you will definitely need to show the ACR card for any exits after 59 days in-country.

In regards to having a valid ACR when re-entering the country?  I believe there is something in the works regarding paying the fees to upgrade and be ready for your next departure.  If it is implemented or not I have no idea.

And, just to throw a screw in the works...  The Airport Tax that everybody pays when flying?  Not all of that goes to the operating of that particular airport. Depending on which airport you are at, it can be split up and dropped into (as far as I have found so far) 7 different budgeted accounts or as low as 3 accounts.  So, for the amount remitted to the federal government?  Who knows!  

Markham
Posted
Posted
When I have left the country before 6 months I just went to the airport, paid the airport fee of 550 (Mactan airport) and flew out.

Last time I flew out of Mactan (3 weeks ago), I didn't pay the Terminal Fee at the airport and nor did anyone else. It is now included in the ticket.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

When I have left the country before 6 months I just went to the airport, paid the airport fee of 550 (Mactan airport) and flew out.

Last time I flew out of Mactan (3 weeks ago), I didn't pay the Terminal Fee at the airport and nor did anyone else. It is now included in the ticket.

Makes good business sense to include the fees in the ticket price. But most likely, the change was done to prevent money from being taken locally by airport staff who collect the money. Easier accounting now.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Sean.Man
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if you can still get the ECC at the airport in manila or clark? I've heard the regulations for it have changed since May, that it can only be obtained at the Main BI Office in Manila, no airport or BI sub-office, and its only valid three days prior to departure date. has anyone heard anything about this, if it is true or not? i have been here 6+ months on a tourist visa, have an ACR card, i am not sure if the ECC was purchased when i got the ACR card or not, i checked my receipt and it had no mention of it. Also, besides the terminal fee what else will have to be paying when i leave? i will have been here 3 days short of a full year upon departure, will i pay the travel tax also?

-Thanks, Sean. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sean, a tourist who is here longer than 6 months does need an ECC.  It can be obtained at BI Mandaue, Cebu.  It can also be obtained in Manila BI but I am not sure which office(s).

When you get it at BI Mandaue they have no problem making it up a month in advance.  In certain circumstances they have offered to make it valid for 2 months but you need to talk to them.  Each person will have a different experience depending whether you talk to them nicely or try to tell them your rights.  You should be able to see that by listening to the people you 'have heard stories' from, reading the good advice in this forum, and then asking yourself at the BI office.

You will not have to pay the travel tax as you have been less than 12 months in country. 

• Like 1