Deed Of Sale

jon1
Posted
Posted

Before you purchase a used vehicle, among other things, I would get a copy of the OR/CR and go to your nearest Highway Patrol to validate that the paperwork is legit. I have a Canadian friend that has done this a few times and was able to steer clear of bogus paperwork....

insite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Great responce - thank you all.

I was quoted 5% of the value of the vehicle to do a deed of sale - this represented Php 29,000 for a simple sale document and knocked me off my seat - as a gesture of good will I was then offered a price of Php 10K and when shopping around got it down to first 7K and then to 5K - this is still a very long way off the few hundred mentioned by JohnB below.

I am new to this forum - I cannot see anyway of sending a PM to JohnB or MikeB so I am requesting if possible the let me have details if available of anyone who might handle this at a decent price for us -  if this is permitted to do so on this platform and if not perhaps they could e mail me direct - I can post my e mail address later if required.

Thank you again.

Edited by insite

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am new to this forum - I cannot see anyway of sending a PM to JohnB

Try again.  You are a full member now.  (Standard probationary period is 5 posts and you just completed them.)

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I cannot see anyway of sending a PM to JohnB

To PM, click on the avatar that will take you to the profile and you can see a "Send Message" option. All you need is a very basic document with the names, date, vehicle, price, etc and have it notarized with both parties signing.

Here's one - http://legal-forms.philsite.net/deed-of-sale-vehicle.htm  

insite
Posted
Posted

Another question :

Would any of our members have a deed of sale I could use as a template to draw one up myself and which I could then later simply have notarised ?

I have posted a joke in this section about lawyers - hope its not what any of you are ! ha Ha 

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Great responce - thank you all.

I was quoted 5% of the value of the vehicle to do a deed of sale - this represented Php 29,000 for a simple sale document and knocked me off my seat - as a gesture of good will I was then offered a price of Php 10K and when shopping around got it down to first 7K and then to 5K - this is still a very long way off the few hundred mentioned by JohnB below.

I am new to this forum - I cannot see anyway of sending a PM to JohnB or MikeB so I am requesting if possible the let me have details if available of anyone who might handle this at a decent price for us -  if this is permitted to do so on this platform and if not perhaps they could e mail me direct - I can post my e mail address later if required.

Thank you again.

Around 600 000 p for a SECOND hand car?!  I plan to buy one for 60 000p   :)    

If you don't know - There are NEW cars in  Phili for 150 000-200 000p. (Suzuki.)  They are put together in (e g) Cebu. I suppose it's less problem if buying a new car from a car dealer.

(Others have answered about PM.)

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Don't forget the Car Fax report ! :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

johnb
Posted
Posted

Another question :

Would any of our members have a deed of sale I could use as a template to draw one up myself and which I could then later simply have notarised ?

I have posted a joke in this section about lawyers - hope its not what any of you are ! ha Ha 

Hi I just sent you a personal message, regarding copy of deed of sale

John

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If the seller wants to sell his car HE should be the one to do the bill of sale .... he has to show a copy of an official photo ID when the lawyer draws up the bill of sale and you should get the OR CR notarized bill of sale AND the copy of an official photo ID ..... all of which will be needed by the LTO to transfer .... be very careful ... many people have been scammed when buying used vehicles ..... JMHO

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
There are NEW cars in  Phili for 150 000-200 000p. (Suzuki.)

So as not to confuse readers there are no NEW cars at that price.  Just newly rebuilt (refurbished) cars from parts brought in from used cars in other countries.

• Like 1