Deed Of Sale

Thomas
Posted
Posted

There are NEW cars in  Phili for 150 000-200 000p. (Suzuki.)

So as not to confuse readers there are no NEW cars at that price.  Just newly rebuilt (refurbished) cars from parts brought in from used cars in other countries.

Oh. I know "Toyota owner" are new body with old Toyota parts,

but I thought Suzuki Multicabs/Minivans are all new, but simpler build and weak engines, aren't they?

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)
Another question : Would any of our members have a deed of sale I could use as a template to draw one up myself and which I could then later simply have notarised ? I have posted a joke in this section about lawyers - hope its not what any of you are ! ha Ha

Hi Ciaran. I just emailed you a copy of the deed of sale, that I received from the seller of the vehicle .

John

Edited by johnb
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
but I thought Suzuki Multicabs/Minivans are all new,

Nope ..... they are know here as chop-chop .... they are chopped up and then sent to the Phils where they are welded and reassembled are sold AS USED .....

:cheersty:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

try pinoylawyer.com as they have questions like this that can be of use,

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

try pinoylawyer.com as they have questions like this that can be of use,

let me edit, i meant   dot. ORG  not .com

http://www.pinoylawyer.org/

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

but I thought Suzuki Multicabs/Minivans are all new,

Nope ..... they are know here as chop-chop .... they are chopped up and then sent to the Phils where they are welded and reassembled are sold AS USED .....

I see. Not odd many have mechanical problems with such "new" cars then   :)

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
I see. Not odd many have mechanical problems with such "new" cars then :)

Yes Thomas ... you need to be fairly mechanically inclined and also good on car electrics to own one .... but I've been told it relies entirely on the builder of you multi-cab .... some are good and some are terrible but look good with shinny new paint and decals on them ..... the electrical wiring seems to be the biggest problem because they come in as left hand drives and must be converted to right hand drives .... that means ALL the electrics and steering must be converted to the other side of the multi-cab .... while some may do a good job some just twist the wires together and and apply a little tape .... what ever kind they have ... packing ... masking .... duct or electrical tape ..... I've heard quite a few people complain about lights not working .... horn and fan sensors going haywire etc. ...... so you need to check the track record of the guy doing the conversions if buying new/second hand .... some places will actually let you choose what you want on them and maybe even let you watch the way yours is built .... I know of one guy who actually went down there and watched his being put together .... cost him a bit more but he said it was worth it .... not sure they will do that any more he had his built several years ago ....

Just a little info to help you out when deciding what transportation to get .... :thumbsup:

Edited by Mike S

Thomas
Posted
Posted
you need to be fairly mechanically inclined and also good on car electrics to own one .... but I've been told it relies entirely on the builder of you multi-cab .... some are good and some are terrible but look good with shinny new paint and decals on them .....
 I am fairly mechanical skilled - I rebuild my scoter to a shoper when I were a teenager . but I don't want to be, I want cars and computers just running  :)

Suzuki Minicab/Minivan I only had as alternative, when I thought they were new but simple (although I like bodies as Minivans, because they can be used for transporting both people and cargo). Then I will probably buy a cheap Toyota owner "jeep" (long type) and let a skilled mechanic recondition it, plus change the cover so it can be closed.

I don't like buying secomd hand cars at car dealers, because of they mostly sell reconditioned, so it's harder to see the REAL quality, or if they have just plasted over rusted parts.  (But perhaps I will "have to" buy from a dealer anyway to reduce problems with documents.) That's a reason I think of buying a STAINLESS Toyota owner   :)    If it isn't crashed, then I hope (=suiting) I can let mechanical parts be replaced over and over again at same body, so I can use same car "for ever" :)

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

As you are posting about a "used car" and not a new car, you may find this web site helpful, along with the ability to text from your mobile phone the license plate number and get a full report on this vehicle in seconds. I know this works have now done it several times.

http://www.ltolicensephilippines.com/vehicle-registration/how-to-verify-vehicle-lto-plate-number-and-know-if-its-carnapped-or-with-bad-record-of-apprehension/

Spent 65K on my first "owner" (from an expat) - Jeep style locally built from spare parts of anything and everything available, primarily Toyota, Hyundai, etc. It was a typical Owner Jeep, no seat belts, no emergency brake, no doors etc etc. but it did the job well, ran well, was easy to maintain and fix etc. Problem was he never transferred ownership into his name, but just renewed in original owners name, as did the 3 previous owners, it had a plate start PNP, which as it turns out helped, as the original owner was a General or something like that in the PNP.  I did not need to get the bill of sale notorized because I did not transfer the name on the owner. This was a bit of a problem when selling the car, until I realized that if you sell to a Filipino, they don't care!

Spent 50K on my second "owner' Jeep (also from an expat) but this time with a solid body, seat belts, full dash board, DOORS!!!, emergency brake, and even had A/C!!!! This time I put it in my name, did not need to get it notorized, and spent about 2 hours in my local LTO, at the same time got my Philippine Drivers License, which also was relatively easy.

This site also explains exactly what you need to do, when purchasing a new or a used car, transfering ownership and even getting your Philippine license. It even tells you how much it will cost and what documents you need to bring, and how many copies are required.

http://www.lto.gov.ph/index.php/services/text-lto

Hope this helps

Papa Carl

• Like 2