Safest Place Anywhere In The Philippines?

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

My rental contract expires in 2 weeks.

By then I need to decide if renewing it or finally move to the Philippines.

Question: is there a small town where you get at least 2 mb/s , a decent size supermarket and a Caucasian middle aged man is not kidnapped / shot or constantly under threat?

Thank you

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

I am thinking about Iloilo City or Puerto Princesa.

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

The internet is the killer. But.... lets not talk about that just yet. You seem to think you are pressured by the rental contract expiring. Can you extend month to month? Take the pressure off and then look at the advice you get here and take a vacation to actually look at the areas and talk to residents. THEN make a more informed decision.

I have been in Manila and Cebu as well as out on Samar. I chose Samar to stay in. But you are not me. What else are you looking for? Night life? Recational things like golf? Drinker? Night cluber?

There is so much more to think about other than internet and supermarket. For simple generic advice, I say stay well NORTH of Mindanao, Get a girl friend or wife who is either an orphan or has a reasonably well off family OR if not, live on a different island.

Remember, no need to reinvent the wheel here. Everything you are asking about or intend on doing.... has been done by forum members already. Figure out your budget (long term) and then do some research, narrow it down and then do not move! Just take a vacation and a few weeks to a couple of months to travel and see what you like.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

Genius
Posted
Posted

Makati

Curley
Posted
Posted

Colombia  :dance:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I haven't checked, but if I rememver corect Dumagueteb can fullfill your Internet demand too, which is the hardest of your conditions  :)

Colombia  :dance:

Isn't Colombia The World Champion in kidnappings?  :)

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Bacolod and Iloilo would be good starting points to consider. Dumaguete is another possibility, although I have not been there lately. You need to visit to determine potential fit and inquire about your needs like internet connectivity and supermarkets.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

If safety is your prime concern, how about around the Mall of Asia? Lots of condo projects nearing completion. Closer to the mall the better for safety I would think. No need to go out of that area for any safety concerns. Everything you need to live comfortably is there. Yeah it is in Manila but who says you have to venture out?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Look Max

Every topic seems to be the same from you, my advice is stay home. Its not the same as Tasmania so if you really think foreigners are killed every time they peep out the window then the Philippines is not for you. 

Your other topic, read it, drug user goes mad bit like Port Arthur where many happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't even believe you have any intention of moving to the Philippines, your posting here has another motive and its getting tiring. 

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Everyone would like to avoid unnecessary risks but a sense of proportion is necessary. When I die, I want it to be in the place I want to be, doing things I want to do in a place where the people that I love live. If that place is a place where 1-2 people in 10,000 die a violent death at the hands of a lunatic every year, it's still preferable to me than being someplace I don't want to be. If safety is the only criteria, under the bed, preferably at mom's house, is the only place to be. The internet connection is probably better there anyway. :)

• Like 4