Safest Place Anywhere In The Philippines?

jon1
Posted
Posted

Subic is the best place you could ever find. I have ZERO worries here. Internet is good, 2600p will get you a 2MB DSL (with L/L). 3600p will get you 3MB.

There are 4 grocery stores here. An Ayala mall. Lots of Western Franchises (TGIF, Wendy's, MacDonalds, Burger King, Shakey's Pizza, KFC, etc.). Zero traffic. Zero Trikes/Jeepneys. Zero pollution. Very little crime (if any).

Don't know what your budget is, but you could live quite comfortably on $2000/mo.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
your posting here has another motive and its getting tiring. 
Perhaps he want to get much food as China chips and get belly tires*   :lol: 

(*Do English language have the expression calling fat calluses at the belly for "tires" ?)  

robert k
Posted
Posted

your posting here has another motive and its getting tiring. 
Perhaps he want to get much food as China chips and get belly tires*   :lol: 

(*Do English language have the expression calling fat calluses at the belly for "tires" ?)  

Yes Thomas, my spare tire around my middle is a space saver right now but it tries to become a full size spare tire if I don't watch what I eat.

• Like 2

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Look Max

Every topic seems to be the same from you, my advice is stay home. Its not the same as Tasmania so if you really think foreigners are killed every time they peep out the window then the Philippines is not for you. 

Your other topic, read it, drug user goes mad bit like Port Arthur where many happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't even believe you have any intention of moving to the Philippines, your posting here has another motive and its getting tiring. 

You are so wrong.

Why don't we talk about this through voice/Skype?

I am genuinely interested in the Philippines but I am concerned by reading so many bad news from there.

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

My Sub Division.... Had my place there 10 years now, never had a robbery inside the whole place ( there's about 300 homes there) so safe you never feel the need to lock your doors, no big fences ..... Have even had drunken nights with many expat friends on holiday where they've been sleeping in the front yard with there red horse only to be woken by the heat or the local cockerel ...... It's too far away from civilization for me though!!! :)

• Like 2

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Look Max

Every topic seems to be the same from you, my advice is stay home. Its not the same as Tasmania so if you really think foreigners are killed every time they peep out the window then the Philippines is not for you. 

Your other topic, read it, drug user goes mad bit like Port Arthur where many happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't even believe you have any intention of moving to the Philippines, your posting here has another motive and its getting tiring. 

By the way, in regards to the other topic that you mention, my aim was to drag attention on these sentences from that news:

Friday's shooting comes amid a debate over the country's lawless gun culture

The death triggered outrage and condemnation of poor law enforcement that allows hundreds of thousands of unregistered firearms to be on the streets.

There were 1.2 million registered firearms in the Philippines as of last year, according to data from the police firearms and explosives office.

And as you know, since in Australia we don't have a similar "gun culture", I was trying to start a conversation on the subject.

I am sorry you see me as a threat to your forum, believe me, I am not a troll, nor I have hidden agendas, therefore I will keep quiet from now on and if you allow me to read at least, I will be glad enough to read.

Thank you

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Max

I'd have to agree with JGF... You really should spend more extensive time visiting than believing all you believe on the news, crime is always rife but I've never really saw any in 10 years here & jst includes more than 1 reckless night out ony behalf so give it a chance before giving up on huge place...., & by the way the majority of my time has been around Manila, which most others have advisedly be the worse, so if that's bad you've got no worries as long as you're sensible..... Mind you, I'm not :cheersty:

• Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nothing ventured = nothing gained.

Remembering one's life as a series of events that never took place..... If only I had of .................. I had the chance to, but............................. I almost...................

Which sounds better here....   Jake as an old man talking to younger guys...... ' I hear that going in the navy is good as some of those guys get a lot of women'.....

OR

"I remember these 3 Chinese girls I took up with once back when we hit Taiwan.... but then there was these 2 girls in P. Rico that I spent the week with..... And then there was this wild 40 yr old woman who introduced me to her daughter...." And the 'mammories' continue...... :tiphat:

So get your ass out of the chair! / Get out of your mother's pouch (Wallaby) Go to Phils and see what is out there.......  Or, make a plan with another forum member with similar travel dates and meet up in Manila / Cebu and watch each others back (Now I said watch not wash) until you are comfortable.  

Look at your avatar.... what kind of message does it send???? Change it to a huge boxing Roo picture...... you can do it! There is a woman (women) with your name tattooed on her butt just waiting to meet you..... ( I really am sick of seeing JAKE WAS HERE tatts on the bar girls .....)

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Nothing ventured = nothing gained.

So get your ass out of the chair! / Get out of your mother's pouch (Wallaby) Go to Phils and see what is out there.......  Or, make a plan with another forum member with similar travel dates and meet up in Manila / Cebu and watch each others back (Now I said watch not wash) until you are comfortable.  

Look at your avatar.... what kind of message does it send???? Change it to a huge boxing Roo picture...... you can do it! 

I'm sorry Max, but Bruce has a point there.  Your OP ask the safest place in PI?  I hate to burst your

bubble but I can't think of any place that would meet your requirements.  Are there any safe places

in any major city in Australia??  How about London, NYC or San Francisco??

If you continue to exert yourself being tempted by all these online Filipinas and yet refuse to take a

step forward in meeting these ladies, then what can we do.

Sometimes a kick in the butt results in a step forward.....he, he.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

As the question is Safest Place in the Philippines, I thought this article would provide some information for further discussion. 

However I would make a note that there is a cautionary note in regards to the data "But it gathers data through user input, thus although it is popularly consulted as source for cost of living, its data have to be addressed with caution."

Still I found the information interesting, and definitely related to this topic.

Davao ranked as 4th safest in 349 cities

Sunday, August 11, 2013

DAVAO -- The city of Davao ranked fourth as the world's safest place, according to website Numbeo.com.

Out of 349 entries, Davao City is the only metropolis in the Philippines that made it to the top 10. It has a crime index of 13.27 and safety index of 86.73.

Makati landed at 20th place with a crime index of 18.75 and safety index of 81.25.

The only other cities listed from the Philippines are: Manila with a crime index of 64.54 and safety index of 35.46, and Cebu with a crime index of 46.88 and safety index of 53.12.

According to the website, safety index is, on the other way, quite opposite of crime index. If the city has a high safety index, it is considered very safe.

It said that it is 93.75 percent safe to walk alone during daylight in Davao, while 76.69 percent safe to walk alone during night.

"These data are based on perceptions of visitors of this website in the past two years. If value is 0, it means it is perceived as very low, and if value is 100, it means it is perceived as very high," the website said.

With regard the crime index of 18.75, the website explained, the issue with the highest rate is the problem on corruption and bribery with 31.67, followed by “worries things from car stolen” with 29.69, then “worries home broken and things stolen” with 26.56.

The issue with the least crime rate is “worries being subject to a physical attack because of your skin color, ethnic origin or religion” with 6.67.

Treat with caution

The source Numbeo claims to be the world’s largest database of user contributed data about cities and countries worldwide.

It provides current and timely information on world living conditions including cost of living, housing indicators, health care, traffic, crime and pollution.

But it gathers data through user input, thus although it is popularly consulted as source for cost of living, its data have to be addressed with caution.

User input can skew data and will not reflect the whole picture, especially from places where there is not much available data. It cannot also be ascertained where and how the numbers can be verified.

The crime and safety indexes were published online at http://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_current.jsparound 11 p.m. of August 8.

The website also said that Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates placed first among the safest place with a safety index rate of 90.47, then Lugano, Switzerland (90.16), and third is Marbella, Spain (88.78).

Fifth is Taipei, Taiwan (86.26); next is Munich, Germany (86.06); Quebec City, Canada (85.55) ranked seventh; then Hong Kong, Hong Kong (85.51) as eighth; Seoul, South Korea (84.28) on ninth place; and Bern, Switzerland (84.24) as tenth.

Netizens happy

Netizens all over the country lauded the result posted online.

Chris Ryl said: "Akalain mo ba naman nasa Mindanao yun pa ang mas least of crime rate sa Pilipinas! at tumatak pa sa buong mundo... GO DAVAO!!!"

"Wow congrats. Ipahiram nyo po ang DDS sa Maynila pra maubos mga kriminal dun," netizen Kenneth G. Taningco said.

Some netizens also attributed the result to Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, the city’s executive chief for an unprecedented seventh term.

"Kung ganyan katapang ni mayor ng Davao ang nag papatakbo ng Pinas at pinapairal ang disiplina at batas, talagang my takot ang mga mokong gumawa ng kalokohan. Mabuhay ka mayor Doterte. Lagi mo akong kasangga sa ganyang prinsipyo," netizen Al Dallu said.

Edmund Moonraker said, "Thumbs up!! po ako kay Mayor Rudy R. Duterte. Maganda po ang kanyang pagdala ng Davao City. Mabuhay po kayo Mayor Duterte puwedi na po kayong tumakbo ng presidente sa 2016."

"Duterte for president!" Jevy Carretero Ramos said. (Sun.Star Davao/Sunnex)

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/local-news/2013/08/11/davao-ranked-4th-safest-349-cities-297317

Papa Carl