Horse Meat In Macdonalds?

Bruce
Posted
Posted
hey you remember the worms years ago

What are you saying? Do you mean to say... there AREN'T worms? Oh well, I guess the guys down at Jolli will have to work up another ad campaign :hystery:

Oh, guys lets see. Worms? Done... Fingers? Done too. Hair? Done that too. Pork filler??? Well, maybe a localized ad campaign down in Mindanao... Nah, do not want to see any McDoo workers killed over a prank ....

Wow, after worms... Just where do you go? :as-if:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The fault lies with the miserable minimum wage employee who refused service.

No it does not as that employee followed the company policy. If every employee decided what they wanted to do and how to run a business then how would that business survive? The policy was for a reason like safety, don't tell me horses in a drive though is safe; then there the problem of the height of the serving window, the rider may of fallen off by leaning down to get the items purchased or the employee gets hurt, you know how some people in certain countries sue for anything these days don't you?

The employee probably would have been fired to use the same logic as you suggest. 

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I doubt there is a sign 'No Horses in Drive Thru'. From a customer service point, assuming the horse went thru the line as a car would, and all the drama would have been avoided if the employee had of filled the order and then told the horse and rider, not to do it again. Then assuming no sigs, the manager can make a decision as if this was a one time thing or is there a chance that there might be more horses try to come thru the drive in.

The way it was handled caused a lot of unneeded drama and pissed off customer(s). Much easier to fill the order and THEN after the horse is gone, address the situation in case it happens again.  

Like handling a drunk person. Sometimes it is just easier to agree and give them their burger and tell them to have a nice day than it is to argue and thereby keep them in the store longer and cause more attention to them.

My motto is 'Keep the line moving! :tiphat:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I doubt there is a sign 'No Horses in Drive Thru'. From a customer service point, assuming the horse went thru the line as a car would, and all the drama would have been avoided if the employee had of filled the order and then told the horse and rider, not to do it again. Then assuming no sigs, the manager can make a decision as if this was a one time thing or is there a chance that there might be more horses try to come thru the drive in.

The way it was handled caused a lot of unneeded drama and pissed off customer(s). Much easier to fill the order and THEN after the horse is gone, address the situation in case it happens again.  

Like handling a drunk person. Sometimes it is just easier to agree and give them their burger and tell them to have a nice day than it is to argue and thereby keep them in the store longer and cause more attention to them.

My motto is 'Keep the line moving! :tiphat:

I believe there is signs in the drive thru, perhaps not saying about horses but there is something about vehicles but since I have not been there for a long time I do not remember. What your saying is blame the staff, the horse rider is at fault for taking a horse into a food establishment. If you let one do it then the next would say why did you allow them so be realistic, there are rules and policies to either make things safe or for hygiene purposes. How would any staff know that an idiot on a horse would bring it inside?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I don't think a sign would have helped in this case.  If she is stupid enough to take the horse inside the store then she wouldn't care if there was a sign or not in the drive thru.  I hope they made her clean up the mess herself!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
perhaps not saying about horses but there is something about vehicles

so the horse needed to be pulling a cart and then he would have been ok?  Why didn't they just explain that?

Americano
Posted
Posted

Would she have been served if riding a motorcycle?  I believe she was safer from cars and trucks in the line sitting high on a horse than she would be on a motorcycle.  And, if they would serve her on a motorcycle would they serve her on a bicycle?

Bruce
Posted
Posted
How would any staff know that an idiot on a horse would bring it inside?

Actually, here in the US, there was a recent court case and the horse won. As most people know, the court system in the US has run amok and making it worse, there are all kinds of nuts taking advantage of the system to further their agendas.  

There are such things as 'service dogs' which are specially trained dogs to lead the blind. Then it was expanded to dogs to hear things and alert their deaf owners, then there were 'therapy' animals where people claimed to be emotionally incompetent unless they had their pet with them at all times. It is now to the point if you want to move into a building that allows NO PETS, you can have a small dog or cat if your doctor writes it is medically needed for your emotional well being.

Now, back to the horses. There is a group who train small horses to act as 'service animals' (the term 'service dog' is not used anymore). There was a kid who had this small horse and wanted to take it to school with him. The school objected making a safety argument and a hygiene argument... THEY LOST!

Below is but one bit off the internet. While actual horses and ponies are AT THIS TIME, not covered, expect that to change in the future.

In looking at the legal costs to 'keep out' things you do not like, it is cheaper to simply allow and then save the legal costs!

******************************** cut and paste below *************************

requirements which apply to service animals, shall also apply to miniature horses.

28 C.F.R. Sec. 35.136(i). Ponies and full-size horses are not covered by this provision. Official

Commentary, p. 47.

Why Permit Miniature Horses?

1. They are no larger than some breeds of dogs (e.g., Great Danes, Labrador

Retrievers, and Mastiffs).

2. They can be housebroken like dogs.

3. They are particularly effective for large stature individuals.

4. They live much longer than dogs (average is more than 25 years of service).  

http://www.ksde.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=XKLjMtY9RUM%3D&tabid=3339&mid=12212

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Would she have been served if riding a motorcycle?  I believe she was safer from cars and trucks in the line sitting high on a horse than she would be on a motorcycle.  And, if they would serve her on a motorcycle would they serve her on a bicycle?

McDonald's drive thru is for people in motor vehicles only, bicycles are not permitted on our drive thru due to the health and safety policies we have in place.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/whatmakesmcdonalds/questions/running-the-business/drive-thru/what-are-the-policies-for-service-in-the-drive-thru-lanes.html

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

As a long time avid cyclist I can tell you I have NEVER seen a drive thru that allowed bicycles.  And I would not dream of taking a horse into one either!  Tie the horse to the bike rack and walk inside - don't be an idiot.   :tiphat:

• Like 1