Horse Meat In Macdonalds?

Bruce
Posted
Posted
due to the health and safety policies

How true! But the way you worded that last part reminds me of a lot of postings on the dailymail.co.uk where they collect and publish short articles of the 'stupid' actions of 'counsels' and their 'elf and safety' regulations.

There have been none about horses (yet) but at Christmas time the 'counsel' refuses to allow 'christmas bunting' (paper and plastic decorations) to be hung from street lamps due to weight load considerations which may cause the (METAL) street lamp pole to fall and injure people if a strong wind came along. There is some concern that the 'counsel' has become too politically correct and are using the 'elf and safety' excuse to stop the 'christmas bunting' from being put up as not to offend 'non christian immigrants'.   

There was one where a local cab company had a contract with a hospital to transport people home from the hospital for a preset fee to be paid by the hospital. There was a huge issue where a female cab driver picked up a woman and her sick daughter to bring them home at like 2am and then came across a large puddle of water 'ankle deep' as reported in the article. The driver refused to go through the puddle and instead deposited the passengers at the road side rather than drive 20k out of her way to the next roadway into the area beyond the puddle. When a complaint was made and the driver was questioned, she cited the 'elf and safety' rules for herself!  

And lets not forget the man who drowned in 2' of water as he had a seizure whilst feeding the ducks. A call was made by someone seeing this and the fire rescue people came BUT they had no high boots and (yes, you guessed it) the locals watching the fire department stand there watching the floating man, were yelling at the firemen for not simply wading out and bringing him back. Making matters worse was the fact that now both the police and firemen were telling anyone there who were getting ready to go into the 2' water themselves to get the man, that they would be subject to arrest. When the reporters started demanding why (the next day) the firemen quoted 'elf & safety' rules for water greater than ankle deep and cited some emergency management book. The authors of the emergency book said the firemen and police had 'misapplied' the rules, which were for FAST MOVING water and not a still water cement bottomed duck pond in a park!

It was a rather embarrassing day for the fire and police staff........ Damn 'elf & safety' rules..... :hystery:  Forget about the horse aspect here, in general, has the 'elf & safety' absurdity craze hit Oz too? There are a lot of articles in the Daily Mail, all with the general theme that common sense has no part in the 'elf & safety' rules being drafted today.  

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

As a long time avid cyclist I can tell you I have NEVER seen a drive thru that allowed bicycles.  And I would not dream of taking a horse into one either!  Tie the horse to the bike rack and walk inside - don't be an idiot.   :tiphat:

Idiot! Idiot you say! :hystery: Very little human thought or actions are unique. If you can do it, chances are that it has been done. If there was no 'poop' aspect to the horse story, there would have been no horse story.

mcdonalds-horse-wales.jpgsit-on-lawnmower-drive-through-prank-fun

funny-drive-thru-fast-food-mcdonalds-prafunny-drive-thru-joke-granny-scooter-lol

hilarious-drive-thru-prank-idea-guy-on-afunny-drive-through-prank-old-man-electr

Looks like you get a different response at different McDonalds! :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
And lets not forget the man who drowned in 2' of water as he had a seizure whilst feeding the ducks. A call was made by someone seeing this and the fire rescue people came BUT they had no high boots and (yes, you guessed it) the locals watching the fire department stand there watching the floating man, were yelling at the firemen for not simply wading out and bringing him back. Making matters worse was the fact that now both the police and firemen were telling anyone there who were getting ready to go into the 2' water themselves to get the man, that they would be subject to arrest. When the reporters started demanding why (the next day) the firemen quoted 'elf & safety' rules for water greater than ankle deep and cited some emergency management book. The authors of the emergency book said the firemen and police had 'misapplied' the rules, which were for FAST MOVING water and not a still water cement bottomed duck pond in a park! It was a rather embarrassing day for the fire and police staff........ Damn 'elf & safety' rules..... :hystery: Forget about the horse aspect here, in general, has the 'elf & safety' absurdity craze hit Oz too? There are a lot of articles in the Daily Mail, all with the general theme that common sense has no part in the 'elf & safety' rules being drafted today.
These firemen better be fired...  :) :bash:

But bad no one picked him up BEFORE the firedepartment arrived...

Now I have forgot what it was about, but an uncommonly clever Swedish politician woman said about it:

- It's sad stupidy can't be stoped by laws.   :thumbsup:

But that's lucky for many politicians, because otherwice they wouldn't be allowed  :mocking:

Americano
Posted
Posted

Bruce,

Your pictures brought up the next comment I was going to make. What about serving someone riding a trike, three wheel, motorcycle or a tractor, what is wrong with coming through a drive through with those?  The problem just sounds like a**holes in management working at McDonalds to me.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Bruce,

Your pictures brought up the next comment I was going to make. What about serving someone riding a trike, three wheel, motorcycle or a tractor, what is wrong with coming through a drive through with those?  The problem just sounds like a**holes in management working at McDonalds to me.

My goal is to 'keep the line moving'. From a managerial standpoint, it takes longer to say NO and then answer questions and explain. As well as a possible confrontation it may provoke. McDonalds et al, are in the business of serving fast food. Period. Take the order, take the money, give the food. How difficult do you want to make it? Much easier to simply fill the order and then tell the people it really is not allowed and I can get in trouble for serving you, so PLEASE next time be in a car or a motorcycle (issues there too!) or tie up the horse outside and then walk inside to be served. :541:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Bruce,

My goal is to 'keep the line moving'. From a managerial standpoint, it takes longer to say NO and then answer questions and explain. As well as a possible confrontation it may provoke. McDonalds et al, are in the business of serving fast food. Period. Take the order, take the money, give the food. How difficult do you want to make it? Much easier to simply fill the order and then tell the people it really is not allowed and I can get in trouble for serving you, so PLEASE next time be in a car or a motorcycle (issues there too!) or tie up the horse outside and then walk inside to be served. :541:

So when you worked at Disneyland and the sign says you have to be this high to ride on this ride, Joe Obnoxious walks up with his short kids and complains so you let the kids on for the ride final flight of their lives. Keep em moving is your motto.   :bonk:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Joe Obnoxious? I LIKE that! It sort of just R O L L S off the tongue! :nudie:

Well not exactly comparing apples to apples. McDonalds has a passive policy 'somewhere' that people have heard about but not ever seen about the drive thru and non cars.  As compared to Disney who is proactive in their well posted and obvious sign about age / height restriction. Disney employees are in the immediate area of the sign and actively measure people if at 1st glance it appears they are too short.

McDonalds on the other hand does NOT station an employee outside next to the menu board to prevent customers who are not in a motor vehicle from entering the line.  The chance of a too short of person getting on a Disney ride and then being hurt (based on physics and height / weight ratios with G forces on the ride as in relation to the height of the safety bar) are very real. Any single McDonalds may never see a horse in the drive thru or maybe one in every 5+ years, unless in 'horse country' where it is a common thing and the employee are aware of it.

My point has not changed. McDonalds employee put too much time and effort to address the (one) horse instead of ignoring and filling the order and then asking for the rider to not do it again, have a nice day... NEXT IN LINE! :thumbsup:

Edited by Bruce

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My name is not Joe Obnoxious - it is Joe Gwapo!  Let's get it right  :36_6_3[1]:

Bruce
Posted
Posted
My name is not Joe Obnoxious - it is Joe Gwapo! Let's get it right

That is subjective. Maybe in the Philippines, but in say South America perhaps a bit more Joe el feo gringo gordo :hystery:

Remember that Joe as it is pronounced, is the meaning for 'me' in Spanish. Which to my very poor Spanish thinking is "I am the ugly fat American" 

I like the Joe Obnoxious. Now if I can just break it down and say it in a foreign accent to make it sound more exotic.... :dance: