I Need Convincing

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

You say you like living in Australia and have enough income to support yourself. If your girl were to join you in Australia do you know for a fact she would be required to work?

Is your budget that tight now?

I guess if the answer is yes your choice is that you would continue to work or move to Philippines.

Edit, you posted just before I did so now it is clear. I guess you have a choice continue working or move to Philippines.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

You say you like living in Australia and have enough income to support yourself. If your girl were to join you in Australia do you know for a fact she would be required to work?

Is your budget that tight now?

I guess if the answer is yes your choice is that you would continue to work or move to Philippines.

Edit, you posted just before I did so now it is clear. I guess you have a choice continue working or move to Philippines.

yes i dont work now on a dsp,i can live quite well now but with her it will be a lot harder because gov will cut my pension,and yes she will need to work to send money to her family,   i must add that she is a philippino but lives and works in japan,and she is set up ok in japan as well,but we just want to be together,and its not that easy to do for serten reasons,its really hard to go into every thing by chatting like this,  but its like this ,at the moment living appart her in japan and me in aus we get on ok financialy,she has a full time job there,  but together our finances will drop a lot and she will find it hard to work in tasmania,thats why i am thinking of the philippines ,just for financial reasons thats all,pluss a nice life if we can find it there

• Like 3

chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

what do you guys do there all day,how do you fill in your days and where do you live .

• Like 1

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

As for me I enjoy walking swimming having a coffee at one of the many malls I also ride a m/cycle and have visited most of Cebu from one end to the other and across the island I also do a bit of shooting at a gun club just to keep my eye in so to speak ,I like to go diving when I have a dive buddy.I find the people to be friendly and warm,never had any problems just treat the locals as you wish to be treated.Sure there are places I would not venture too after dark,but that is the same as here,there are places in melb that I would not go after dark.My wife loves shopping so I will purchase a house in lahug or it park or around that area in a gated community. :cheersty:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Wild thought, if she could get a visa could you rent her a room for $50 a month and it's none of the governments business what goes on besides your reporting $50 a month rental income? Then she would just need to find employment.

• Like 1

chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

hmmmm i wish it was that easy,the only way into aus is with a visa,and the only visa that suits us is a pmv or partner visa,if she is granted a pmv we must marry with in 9 months of visa grant,BUT as soon as she is granted the visa then our c/l ,wellfair people start deducting my pension ,as soon as she moves in ,not fair but thats what they do,how in hell they thing 2 can live cheeper than one beats me,if one is not working.so it will be hard,   but i have been doing a lot of thinking and i dont think i can live in a 3 rd world country ,so its her come here or me go to japan,hopefuly her come here,i have spent a lot of money and waited a long time so i think ill put the ball in her court ,if she wants to come she knows where i live,i just dont think i could live in the philippines.im not that sort of person,wish i was but im not im affraid.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Well things for you sound complicated and difficult please don't feel a need to share here unless you want to do so. There are times you may think its just not worth it after things drag on and $$$$$$ goes so fast.

Some of us had a long wait (like me and my wife) but in the end for most it was worth while.

I do know of a few men who at one point had to step away and say enough. Only you know how to best move forward. I can not speak for all the members here but I am sure most wish you and your lady the very best one way or the other. :tiphat:

• Like 3

chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

thanks,im not going to step away,im here 4 the long hall no matter what,just cant seem to know what to do 4 the best,  i know i spill my guts on forums like this ,but i dont have any one to talk things over with thats all,  no one i no cares realy,o well we will just keep plugging away and see where we end up.   these forums are a good out let 4 people like me.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

is it really really that good a life there 

Interesting question.  If you totalled how many leave Philippines for a life in Australia and how many leave Australia for a life in Philippines and then add how many live 6 months a year in each place, I wonder how the numbers would look.

Yes. But to be a fair comparing, it would need to be salary neutral (=earning would be similar) which it isn't. I'm sure many Filipins move away to other countries, because they have to of earning reasons, although most would prefer to stay at home.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hi Chris, my feeling is that you don't really want to live in the Phils but that you would far rather stay where you are but need a good woman beside you (I know the feeling). I certainly wouldn't entertain the idea of selling your house to buy her one in the Phils, of course you can trust her, everybody that has been caught thought the same way didn't they? If she comes to you then why not think outside the box a little...... Why depend on someone else giving her a job? Why doesn't she start her own business? Cleaning/baby sitting, two very simple things that require almost no start up capital, she could offer people a free trial even. You say you have some cash, so support her for a time while she gets started.

• Like 4