3 Best Reasons You Love Where You Hang Your Hat

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I rekon most USA guy here would agree ...? better to have a gun than not.....
Well. Perhaps US guys  :)   But don't forget many Americans have been shot by accidents from guns belonging to OWN family. Such accidents was one of the more common death reasons during the wagon train settling moves...

Some expats prefer strong slingshots. There are very strong ones, almost as a gun, and they are legal.

I have a compeeting bow myself. Some slow to prepare, but can be used to shoot good - if being where it's space enough  :)

A good thing with slingshots and strong bows are small kids are to weak to manage to kill anyone by accident, which they can do with guns.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

It is not uncommon to have the wife legally buy a gun (s) and legal permit to carry. I do not carry a gun in the Philippines. But there is one available, legally owned and carried very close at all times. :541:

Bruce, I have never really considered for my partner to get a gun legally in PI. Are things getting that bad that is is more of a nesssity now for home owners?

I have noticed in the last 12 months I have been picking up a lot more GSW patients in the Cebu City metro area, mostly small calibre.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It is not uncommon to have the wife legally buy a gun (s) and legal permit to carry. I do not carry a gun in the Philippines. But there is one available, legally owned and carried very close at all times. :541:

Bruce, I have never really considered for my partner to get a gun legally in PI. Are things getting that bad that is is more of a nesssity now for home owners?

I have noticed in the last 12 months I have been picking up a lot more GSW patients in the Cebu City metro area, mostly small calibre.

Not so odd. If not by regular guns, some north of Cebu they have traditions since WWII to make home made guns.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Not so odd. If not by regular guns, some north of Cebu they have traditions since WWII to make home made guns.

I did not say it was odd, I was just stating a fact that there has been a big increase in GSW in the Cebu metro area. Most of these don't get reported in the media anymore.

jon1
Posted
Posted

Cebu is the gun making capital of the Philippines.... 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I know what you mean about ownership and legal carry.  When i was 18 I was a security guard and commissioned to carry a firearm...  but in Texas you can't own a gun until you are 21.  So I could legally carry - someone elses gun.  Stupid laws.

If I felt i needed a gun where I lived, I would move.  I am huge gun rights nuts (US constitution and all) but I don't choose to carry one. Did not carry in Texas (although most my work mates and teachers carried at our public school).  Won't carry here in the PI's.    If it gets that bad I will move on.  I am retired... I want and need no trouble.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

sorry ...you have mis-read...we cant own the gun!!!! has to be registered to PI citizen....but you can carry it with correct paper...wifes gun ..my permit

Rubbish

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Cebu is the gun making capital of the Philippines.... 

I think I saw something recently that there was an agreement in the works for the illegal gun makers to be legitimized by the government and then allowed to export their product.

The current maker, ARMSCOR makes 45 parts and frames for other companies such as Rock Island and others and the guns mabe assembled in the Philippines as a final product or shipped as parts to be assembled in another country depending on import laws.

bc_hombre
Posted
Posted

let's see, hmmmmm, we took a left turn somewhere around post #19 when suddenly this info vehicle was hijacked. surfing? davao?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

let's see, hmmmmm, we took a left turn somewhere around post #19 when suddenly this info vehicle was hijacked. surfing? davao?

Yes the whole topic is stuffed, now its a gun topic. Too far gone to fix it now so Im am closing it.   :1 (103):

• Like 1