My Actual Spending For July 2013

dalidali
Posted
Posted

I am curious what kind of accomodations you can get for 3000p rent per month?

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

This kind - out in the province.  But I know guys in Iloilo not paying much more for a real apartment ha ha

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am curious what kind of accomodations you can get for 3000p rent per month?

I would be curious too what you could get in the province, say as far out as you could get water and electric. I suspect 3k peso would get you a moderately sized cardboard box in the center of Cebu City.

Looks good Tuka Ram. :)

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Gawd I love wet markets....especially the fish stalls.

For about $70 US bucks a month.....you scored!!

More curosity.....is $3000p for monthly rental what you can afford or simply the lifestyle you enjoy?

Either way.....congrats on the new digs.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Can we pick a different month than July 2013? My 2 daughters spent 16 days total in 2 hospitals in July with dengue. My expenses were 10 times that of Tuka.

But even any other month, with 2 teenagers, my costs are much more than 30,000. Today, Saturday, is safety training. Last Thursday was Filipino Day (rent a gown, new shoes, food dish, etc) Every year there are proms so rented gowns and new shoes. Both go to school in Bacolod so bus service is 2,000. Both need 2 new uniforms each year plus tuition and books. They are gone from 6 am to 7 pm so they need food allowances. Most weekends have special projects and materials. Then there are the incidentals like new keyboard, lost cell phone, light bulbs, hard drive, technicians, whacker, dippers, umbrellas, medicines, vitamins, house cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, door knob, garbage can, USB, tea kettle, fans, birthday parties, gifts, Christmas and New Year's parties, taxis, mosqito nets, glasses, cups, tools, paint, screens, light switches, pvc water leaks, repairs, fingernails, rebanding hair, school bags, gym shoes, dental, doctor check ups, lawyers, neighborhood patrols, and the list goes on above the basic normal monthly expenses. Things seem to not last here, they break easily.

My gawd sir! You live in a home with 3 women and 2 of them are in school? You would need a budget equivalent to that of a small country... Like... Like.... Like that of the Philippines! Don't worry about it... Any figure you could throw at us and we would be asking how you do it!

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
.....is $3000p for monthly rental what you can afford or simply the lifestyle you enjoy?

Yes.  Kind of yes to both ha ha.  It was my choice, and I probably could not afford much more anyway.  But as the rainy season progresses I am getting tired of a bamboo house.  Everything is growing mold.  (OK Jake NOT everything!  I do shower, you know)

We use three 5 gallon jugs of water and they last between 2 and 3 weeks.  I was talking to a guy the other day that uses 12 a week!  That is a LOT of water to buy.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

.....is $3000p for monthly rental what you can afford or simply the lifestyle you enjoy?

Yes.  Kind of yes to both ha ha.  It was my choice, and I probably could not afford much more anyway.  But as the rainy season progresses I am getting tired of a bamboo house.  Everything is growing mold.  (OK Jake NOT everything!  I do shower, you know)

We use three 5 gallon jugs of water and they last between 2 and 3 weeks.  I was talking to a guy the other day that uses 12 a week!  That is a LOT of water to buy.

Decisions, decisions......I understand that your lease is up within a year and it's time to move on.  

I must commend you for your patience by adapting to the local way of life.  I think once you stabilize

your budget (removing or reducing some luxury), perhaps you could upgrade to an apartment that

is still within your budget.  

Monsoon season presents some serious problems, especially if you live in a known flood zone area.  

All transportation, including the carabao will be at a stand still.  Remember there will be a mass and

chaotic scramble of people trying to seek higher ground.  

Again, thank you for your excellent video!  Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

What is becoming of this forum, one bought condoms, another one bought a whacker. Maybe he meant he spent the money on his whacker.

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

my 2 cents worth. I rent a cute 1 bedroom condo in Manduae City for 15,000php per month with my lovely GF.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

What is becoming of this forum, one bought condoms, another one bought a whacker. Maybe he meant he spent the money on his whacker.

Not everyone needs condoms but everyone needs a whacker.

• Like 2