What Will A Year Cost For Tourist Visa Extensions?

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

I'm here on a Balikbayan visa and I am most likely going to do a visa run in early November.  It looks like airfare/hotel plus expenses will cost me about $800 for the wife and I to head to Kota Kinabalu for a few days.

Both the wife and I could use a few days out of the Philippines but I was wondering what it would cost me if I decided to convert my Balikbayan visa to a tourist visa for a year.  Does anyone know what it would be with the new 30 day visa and extensions?

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If I have understood corect they have started 6 MONTHS extensions now in Manila, so perhaps it's worth for you to go there.

I don't remember what they said about cost, but it's a special topic about that recently.

You have the 13a alternative to chose from too.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Steve, I just renewed and my new expiration date is my one year anniversary.  I will add up my costs tomorrow and let you know what they were.

My internet has been down a lot so if I can't post it I will give you a call.

Edited by OnMyWay

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I'd like to see it too.  My last renewal was at the 6 month mark so it is good for my 8th month... but I have not kept the receipts...  (only have my latest one) probably should have kept them all...     :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

P.S., I don't think there is any change in cost due to the new 30 day free entry visa.  You will still pay the same to extend to 59 days.

The 6 month visa might save some costs but we have not seen any details.  I interpreted what I read as all the same costs would be added up, but maybe some will not be multiplied.  For instance, if you look at my list, on the 2nd to 4th extensions, I paid 3500 in express lane fees.  Maybe that will only be 1500 on the 6 month.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Ok, with non-stop rain for 5 days now, I am bored so you are getting more than you asked for!   :hystery:

Total for the year is 23,419 pesos, about $563.59 USD.

These costs are all for 2 month extensions except for the first one, which is the 21 to 59 day extension.

attachicon.gifVisa Costs.jpg

Nice spread sheet OMW.......I wish I could be that organized!  

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

thanks OnMyWay for the figures,

so its $560 for 1 yr of visa and its extensions

or $800 for a 1 week vacation which would  equal out to $ 240

appears to me the trip would be a win win over all.

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Just remember that if you extend a balikbayan priviledge past the 12 months, you will be required to pay for an exit clearance when you leave the country.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Ok, with non-stop rain for 5 days now, I am bored so you are getting more than you asked for!   :hystery:

Total for the year is 23,419 pesos, about $563.59 USD.

These costs are all for 2 month extensions except for the first one, which is the 21 to 59 day extension.

attachicon.gifVisa Costs.jpg

I just got my 2nd extension for 2 months at a cost of 4050p, not 7349p. I had my expired ACR-T card so no need for that fee again. I gave it to her and she immediately gave it back to me. At the airport, I put the ACR card upside down next to my passport and he slid it back to me without even turning it over. We got a red herring.

• Like 2