What Will A Year Cost For Tourist Visa Extensions?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I find it interesting that the cost is not the same every where you go,  Seems like they post prices online and that should be that... what do you want - consistency?

Mine is only 6 months so far (4 extensions).  It is mostly the same but a little different.  No express fee in Iloilo for some reason.  (not complaining)

post-2045-0-24939900-1377848696_thumb.jp

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
No express fee in Iloilo for some reason.

:th_unfair:  I will phone them up and make sure they charge you next time!   :hystery:

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I find it interesting that the cost is not the same every where you go,  Seems like they post prices online and that should be that... what do you want - consistency?

Mine is only 6 months so far (4 extensions).  It is mostly the same but a little different.  No express fee in Iloilo for some reason.  (not complaining)

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!  He might bite!

Somewhere around here I have a downloaded chart that shows all the prices for each renewal.  It is from BI and is official.  And you have proved that not everybody in BI follows their directives!

:mocking:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Trust me... I am not complaining ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Do they make you pay the fee for a expired ACR card after the year, this could make my decision as to whether me & the wife have a short holiday outside of the Philippines in October or just stay local

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Do they make you pay the fee for a expired ACR card after the year, this could make my decision as to whether me & the wife have a short holiday outside of the Philippines in October or just stay local

See post # 10.

• 2 weeks later...
Americano
Posted
Posted

How many 59 day extensions can a tourist make before having to leave the country.  I believe this has changed in the past so what is it now. Is it 1 1/2 years or 16 months?

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

For a normal extension 16 months.  With higher approval 24 months - I don't know how complicated it is to get and just plan on leaving for a weekend somewhere at my 16 month mark.  From the immigration site: http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=207&Itemid=37

What is the maximum extension of stay that can be granted? 

Foreigners holding temporary visitors visa pursuant to Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 and aliens admitted under E.O. 408 may extend their stay in the Philippines every 2 months for a total stay of 16 months. Extension of stay after16 months, up to 24 months need the approval of the Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division. Extension of stay after 24 months need the approval of the Commissioner. (MCL Memorandum dated 31 July 2007)

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

For a normal extension 16 months.  With higher approval 24 months - I don't know how complicated it is to get and just plan on leaving for a weekend somewhere at my 16 month mark.  From the immigration site: http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=207&Itemid=37

What is the maximum extension of stay that can be granted? 

Foreigners holding temporary visitors visa pursuant to Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 and aliens admitted under E.O. 408 may extend their stay in the Philippines every 2 months for a total stay of 16 months. Extension of stay after16 months, up to 24 months need the approval of the Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division. Extension of stay after 24 months need the approval of the Commissioner. (MCL Memorandum dated 31 July 2007)

They have forgot to update what happens when the extensions are the new 6 months ones  :)

(2+6+6=14, 2+6+6+6=20, 2+6+6+6=26)

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, the website is not updated because its still talks about the 21 day visa so how do we know the length of time you can stay without leaving hasn't changed too?

Has anyone stayed longer than 16 months and if so how hard was it to get approval?

Edited by Americano