Chili And Beans

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

I buy ten Kg bags of pintos at Ayala Metro. I have seen them there many times back in the bulk food area, where the gallon cans of peppers and relish and things are. Plus I have seen masa harina there several times. we bought 3 five pound bags there the last time they had it. My wife makes tamales all the time. We make a bunch and freeze them, they freeze well.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

OK guys, is this a prelude of a boy's night out?  I am now convinced there is a secret contest among the chili lovers here.

Sounds like a little get together -- Blazing Saddles style around the campfire?  

I'll bring my canned chili (made in China) and a dozen of baluts to get that fire going between my cheeks....he, he.

Fartin' up wind -- Jake

Sounds more like "Blazing Tricycles".

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I did not feel like going into the city for kidney beans so I used some white beans (Navy beans).  A little too much tomato paste, but other than it is pretty good.  I have cooked professionally at 2 different restaurants, and don't think I am too bad but my girlfriend never likes anything I make ha ha.  (like my spaghetti is not sweet enough)

This chili she likes!  Either I did something right... or very wrong...  :tiphat:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I did not feel like going into the city for kidney beans so I used some white beans (Navy beans). A little too much tomato paste, but other than it is pretty good. I have cooked professionally at 2 different restaurants, and don't think I am too bad but my girlfriend never likes anything I make ha ha. (like my spaghetti is not sweet enough)

This chili she likes! Either I did something right... or very wrong... :tiphat:

That's one nice thing about beans... You can change it up between different kinds and it still tastes pretty good!

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I told her I was going to buy some stuff to make chili and she has no idea what I am talking about...
I believe for most people outside Mexico and (south of?) USA your statement mean buying some chili seeds and fertilizer to GROW chili  :lol:

When we mean cooking chili in Sweden we say e g "Chili con Carne".

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I told her I was going to buy some stuff to make chili and she has no idea what I am talking about...
I believe for most people outside Mexico and (south of?) USA your statement mean buying some chili seeds and fertilizer to GROW chili  :lol:

When we mean cooking chili in Sweden we say e g "Chili con Carne".

Yeah, she was like... "you are making chili peppers?"  Like I say we speak different languages while speaking the same language ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm starting to smell a little Chili cook-off coming on... Hehe!

:)

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 1