Long Term Stay (6 Month) Clarifications

Shol
Posted
Posted

Hi there.

Reading on here

http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/news/2013/07/new-long-stay-visa-extension-in-the-philippines/

It stated like 13900 or something for passport required persons however I also read on another thread here that its aaround 8K or something.

I assume that the 13900 includes the ACR charges ?

let me know doing my research :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The price for a 2 month extension after your first 59 days is up will be 7,000 plus (perhaps close to 8000) because it includes the Tourist ACR card.  The 13,900 you mention must be for 6 months.

• Like 2

Shol
Posted
Posted

The price for a 2 month extension after your first 59 days is up will be 7,000 plus (perhaps close to 8000) because it includes the Tourist ACR card.  The 13,900 you mention must be for 6 months.

Yeah thought so thanks Dave

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

My actual Visa extension costs in 2013:

PHP 3,030 First Extension after 21 days (now 30 days is allowed)
PHP 7,340 1st Full 2 month Extension including ACR card
PHP 3,030 2nd 2 month extension
PHP 4,500 3rd 2 month extension including something else (I forgot what, you just pay what they need!)

I checked the cost of the new 6 month visa, and was told it was no real difference to getting three 2 month ones, but it would save the hassle of applying three times.

I already had the ACR, and expected the next three extensions to cost me Php 10,560 to cover that particular 6 month period.  But I left early, so I saved anyway, by not getting the 6 month one.
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
PHP 4,500 3rd 2 month extension including something else (I forgot what, you just pay what they need!)

I think that "something else" would have been the ECC (Exit Clearance Certificate) that you need after 6 months stay.

• Like 1

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

I think that "something else" would have been the ECC (Exit Clearance Certificate) that you need after 6 months stay.

Nope,. it wasn't that.  As I had to pay that when I left last week.

There is a hell of a lot of confusion on that ECC.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
There is a hell of a lot of confusion on that ECC.  

If the BI would get their sh&t together so they know what they want to do with that, and if each BI office would agree, and if each employee at the BI office did not give different information each month and to each foreigner/inquirer (I am not exaggerating here) then perhaps there would be a lot less confusion.

• Like 5

earthdome
Posted
Posted

At my 6 month renewal there was an additional 1400 pesos for a Certificate of Residence for Temporary Visitors. That brought the total cost for my 6 month renewal to 4240 pesos. At my 6 month renewal they did ask to see my ACR-I card. The additional fee was not for an ECC.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The ECC (Exit Clearance Certificate) is needed when you exit after staying 6 months or more, not for a visa extension.

• Like 3

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

The weird thing about the ECC is that they do charge you for it in some Visa extensions, and again when you leave !

Maybe the earlier ECC's are actually Extension Clearance Certificates ? ..  Who knows..  

• Like 1