Long Term Stay (6 Month) Clarifications

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

There is a hell of a lot of confusion on that ECC.  

If the BI would get their sh&t together so they know what they want to do with that, and if each BI office would agree, and if each employee at the BI office did not give different information each month and to each foreigner/inquirer (I am not exaggerating here) then perhaps there would be a lot less confusion.

Hey, what do you want - consistency?   The online price is different than the asking price, which is different than the actual charges, which is different from someone elses actual charges... A lot of it comes from the employess not knowing the answer and making up crap.  To me "I don't know, let me check" is an acceptable answer!  I wrote a blog entry showing the online posted prices compared to my actual costs for my first 4 extensions (5th extension is next week - let's guess what it will cost ha ha)

Off topic'ish, but similar... This morning my girlfriend calls the beach resort to ask prices.  It is p20 per head entrance, and p20 per head for a pavillion (seemed cheap for a pavillion).  Actual cost p50 per head entrance and p450 for the pavillion.  Welcome to the Philippines  :tiphat:

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Easy solution, carry a wad of discrete cash :D

• Like 1

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

That one doesn't seem to work any more.  The changes last month were designed to beat that one.  They get caught, and they get suspended to begin with.  

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

That one doesn't seem to work any more.  The changes last month were designed to beat that one.  They get caught, and they get suspended to begin with.  

LOL wasn't implying bribery, just carry enough for the worst case scenario.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

There is a hell of a lot of confusion on that ECC.  

If the BI would get their sh&t together so they know what they want to do with that, and if each BI office would agree, and if each employee at the BI office did not give different information each month and to each foreigner/inquirer (I am not exaggerating here) then perhaps there would be a lot less confusion.

Hey, what do you want - consistency?   The online price is different than the asking price, which is different than the actual charges, which is different from someone elses actual charges... A lot of it comes from the employess not knowing the answer and making up crap.  To me "I don't know, let me check" is an acceptable answer!  I wrote a blog entry showing the online posted prices compared to my actual costs for my first 4 extensions (5th extension is next week - let's guess what it will cost ha ha)

Off topic'ish, but similar... This morning my girlfriend calls the beach resort to ask prices.  It is p20 per head entrance, and p20 per head for a pavillion (seemed cheap for a pavillion).  Actual cost p50 per head entrance and p450 for the pavillion.  Welcome to the Philippines  :tiphat:

Welcome to the land of liars and dishonest people trying to scam you every chance they get.

Bi tries to keep us confused so they can charge any price they want and put part of the money in their pocket.

• Like 2

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted
LOL wasn't implying bribery, just carry enough for the worst case scenario.

Sorry - Philippines and Bribery are two words that just go so well together, its an automatic thought :D

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just did my 5th extension at immigration.  They finally got me for the Express Fee.  It was a seperate charge with a seperate reciept (p1,000).  Seemed kind of odd... but the whole thing was only p2,830 so I still can't complain too much.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Shol
Posted
Posted

I try to look at it in a positive way.... one night of drinking here usually (depending on where I go) is going to save me the cost of a 2 month extension if I were to drink in USA/Canada :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
deevey
Posted
Posted

I got my (overstayed) visa done today and asked about the 6 month visa, was told it would be in around 7k (no doubt excluding the ACR-I / Clearance etc). 

But looks to be well worthwhile going for if you already have your ACR-I and know you won't be leaving for a while (I probably would have gotten it except one of the stipulations is that you are currently valid!). 

In fairness I have only been met with the BEST of service in Intramuros (and Makati when they used to do extensions) Straight, helpful and friendly staff, and genuinely know the answers to every question you could ask. They also helped me out big time and put an overnight rush on an EC for me last year.

• Like 4

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Bi tries to keep us confused so they can charge any price they want and put part of the money in their pocket.
I guess they want some pork too(discrete pork anyway) :thumbsup: :lol:
  • Like 1