Strewth, Not Another Bundy!

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

very good indeed. welcome to FATHER HOOD. :cheersty:

1. can you share what was the costs? was it normal delivery?

2., did you use PHILHEALTH? and what was their "payment"?

3. did she file on her SSS for the   benefit?

4. the hospital experience. can you share "how was it"?

5. the COLB/registry of birth ? any issues? (make sure you check and double check it for errors)

i ask these questions so that    :89:     I and others can learn,understand the "birthing/hospital"experience,to have a insight so we can be prepared in case we become fathers (again , at least for some of us)

• Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

A  little ray of sunshine bundy congratulations :cheersty:

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Thankyou so much for all of your well wishes. We had a bad moment this morning when the earthquake hit but the three of us are fine.

We feel truly blessed in so many ways.

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

very good indeed. welcome to FATHER HOOD. :cheersty:

1. can you share what was the costs? was it normal delivery?

2., did you use PHILHEALTH? and what was their "payment"?

3. did she file on her SSS for the   benefit?

4. the hospital experience. can you share "how was it"?

5. the COLB/registry of birth ? any issues? (make sure you check and double check it for errors)

i ask these questions so that    :89:     I and others can learn,understand the "birthing/hospital"experience,to have a insight so we can be prepared in case we become fathers (again , at least for some of us)

I may go into details at a later date but just quickly,

It was a c/s because of Mrs Bundy's age and a few other factors but they did let her experience labour first.

Have not submitted our philhealth claim as yet.

She does not have SSS

Her doctor was just fabulous,couldn't of asked for anything better.

The nursery I was definitely not impressed with.

Haven't really totalled up the costs as yet but when I saw Mrs Bundy holding and feeding our baby for the very first time, I really couldn't care what the costs were.

It feels really good to be a father again and i'm just so proud of my wife for what she has gone through and the sacrifices she has made in her life over the past 10 years.

Now is HER time and she is absolutely over the moon at the moment.

Edited by Bundy
  • Like 5

Dougbert
Posted
Posted

Congrats and stay safe!

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Congratulations mate!! Glad to hear mum and bub are doing well, if not yourself lol ;)

To follow up on Jake's post, Here's something I handed my eldest's first boyfriend a when she was 15 (now 23).  It says soldier but hey, I think we can all relate ;)

Ten Rules for Dating a Soldiers Daughter:

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose his compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. On issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

I played it very dead-pan with a frown on my face as he read it.  Poor kid just about shat himself :thumbsup: so objective achieved :cheersty:

Edit:  Just to clarify, I can't claim credit for the above gem, it's been floating around for years :)

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, sir, I must agree with your earlier statement... Your daughter does not look like you in any way.

She is way too cute for that!

Congratulations Dad!!!

:)

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 1

acman
Posted
Posted

Beautiful little girl you two have there !!!

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, time to elaborate a bit on our experiences with South Gen Hospital.

I could not really complain about the services provided by the hospital staff, infact at times it seemed a little "over the top" to me. Almost every 15 mins they were visiting us and either jabbing Mrs Bundy with something or asking her to take this and that medication.

As I mentioned before, the Ob/Gyn was just fabulous all the way through and showed some real care and concern for us.We are now good friends.

Now let's move on to the "nursery" and the pediatrician. Well firstly the pedia that we were supposed to have did not turn up.We learnt later on that she was on holiday and so was replaced but no one told us this.

It seemed like almost EVERY child born during the time we were there was in some way "sick" and needed to stay in the nursery for an extended period..........up to 14 days! Infact we can't remember even one baby who was allowed to be released from the nursery to be with their mother.

I was told that Alison may have an "infection".......because she brought up a little of the bottled milk they were feeding her.Now, ok, it's a long time since I was a dad but as I remember, almost ALL babies bring up a little milk in their first weeks.

Because of their "concerns" they deemed it necessary to run P7,000 worth of tests. The blood test came back negative to infection but they still insisted that she needed to be on antibiotics!They fitted a thing on her left hand to administer the medication.After two days of this I could see it was causing the baby a lot of distress. Without boring you with details..........you can easily tell if a child is sick or not and I could see a definite reaction every time this medication was given.

In the end I signed a waiver to get her out of the nursery and she came home with us.We took her to a pedia here in Carcar where I told them what was going on.The doctor administered the medication and told us to wait there so she could see for herself the reaction the baby had.

Cutting a longer story short, this pedia immediately stopped the medication and removed the thing from her little hand.

Alison has now been home with us for 10 days, is feeding great, is looking healthy and strong and no problems at all!.......apart from keeping papa up at night for feeds etc etc.

Make of it what you will............but to me, I can't believe that EVERY baby is born sick and needs to be kept away from their mother "until they get better?"

Edited by Bundy
  • Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Due to lack of prenatal care, poor nutrition, bad habits, ignorance and superstition, etc, a lot of the babies are born sick here. The tests and antibiotics are probably SOP, whether warranted or not. Our child spent 3 days in South Gen for a urinary tract infection a few months ago and I was so furious with those people I almost signed a waiver to take him out after the 1st day. That was the closest I've come to really losing it here. Every single thing about that place was awful and I complained to the shift supervisor, dept head, and Medical Director. Unfortunately, it's the closest "real" hospital and our pediatrician is affiliated with it. But the next time, unless it's life or death, I'll go the extra 30 min to Cebu City. 

• Like 3