Strewth, Not Another Bundy!

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Due to lack of prenatal care, poor nutrition, bad habits, ignorance and superstition, etc, a lot of the babies are born sick here. The tests and antibiotics are probably SOP, whether warranted or not. Our child spent 3 days in South Gen for a urinary tract infection a few months ago and I was so furious with those people I almost signed a waiver to take him out after the 1st day. That was the closest I've come to really losing it here. Every single thing about that place was awful and I complained to the shift supervisor, dept head, and Medical Director. Unfortunately, it's the closest "real" hospital and our pediatrician is affiliated with it. But the next time, unless it's life or death, I'll go the extra 30 min to Cebu City.

A day before we were discharged, another foreigner came in.His wife had a premature baby. Poor guy, I can't even begin to imagine what lies ahead for him. Also his baby would have been there during the earthquake.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Bundy, did you go out of the house again without makeup covering the dollar sign on your head?   :hystery:

That is great that she is doing well now.  Congratulations again!

• Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted

That was the closest I've come to really losing it here

Mike, perhaps you have a tad more control than me because at one stage I actually said something like this to the nursery supervisor when told that my baby was going to be kept there for up to 14 days............ "We are being discharged tomorrow and whilstever my arse points to the ground, there is no way our baby will be staying here" "One thing I am sure of and that is.....the longer she stays in this room, the sicker she is going to get"

Alison was brought to our room that night.

• Like 4

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Bundy, did you go out of the house again without makeup covering the dollar sign on your head?

Hahahaha, yeah, that's about the size of it mate!

And here was me wondering why it was ALWAYS my kid who was displayed in the viewing window,while everyone else had to ask to see theirs.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
me wondering why it was ALWAYS my kid who was displayed in the viewing window

Actually that one is easy.  The staff all wanted to take pictures of themselves posing with Miss World  2033, and post them to Facebook!

Have you ever noticed how a large % of female TV and movie stars here are mixed race, Filipino and Caucasian. and have Western last names?  Abby is always pointing this out to me and it seems there are a lot.

• Like 4

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update Bundy, and glad to hear everyone is at home and safe!

Papa Carl

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
Have you ever noticed how a large % of female TV and movie stars here are mixed race, Filipino and Caucasian. and have Western last names? Abby is always pointing this out to me and it seems there are a lot.

Current Miss World, Megan Young, born in Virginia to a Filipina mum and an American dad.. They don't mention his ethnicity though, given the way she looks we can take a stab in the dark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Young

Hey Bundy, be very careful mate... Which way is your arse pointing when you're on your stomach???  When there's gouging they'll always find a loophole ;) (no pun intended LOL)

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear everything is well after what you and your wife went through. I would of lost it . My wife and I are planning to have another baby in the near future and we're debating south gen or Chung Hua which I know will be about P100,000 at least that's what my wife's cousin paid 6 months ago for normal delivery and epidural. We will be residing in Carcar come this January. If it's not too forward of me to ask can you tell me what it cost in all?

Thanks and Congratulations again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
My wife and I are planning to have another baby in the near future and we're debating south gen or Chung Hua which I know will be about P100,000 at least that's what my wife's cousin paid 6 months ago for normal delivery and epidural.

Our child was born in Chong Hua and there is simply no comparison between the two. I guess you're asking Bundy but I would not even consider South Gen. 

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear everything is well after what you and your wife went through. I would of lost it . My wife and I are planning to have another baby in the near future and we're debating south gen or Chung Hua which I know will be about P100,000 at least that's what my wife's cousin paid 6 months ago for normal delivery and epidural. We will be residing in Carcar come this January. If it's not too forward of me to ask can you tell me what it cost in all?

Thanks and Congratulations again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, your figure of P100,000 is pretty close to the mark and that included C/S and also the prenatal package. As to which hospital is good and which is not, well everyone is going to have a different story.In my case there is no way I was going near Chong Hua after our previous experiences there with the father-in-law.

South Gen Hospital itself I found to be quite good but as you've already read here, you do need to be wary of the nursery.

Thankyou for your well wishes mate, and may I also wish you all the best for the future.

• Like 2