First Time Going Abroad, Could Really Use Some Help!

NClerigo
Posted
Posted

Thanks Papa Carl, I will surely keep that in mind!  :thumbsup:

MikeeW
Posted
Posted

Good luck with the process.  You may have hit upon a good opportunity because of the combination of skill sets you have along with language skills.

Be aware of some of the practical details.  You need no visa to enter (as far as I know for Portuguese nationals, even if Lapu Lapu killed  Magellan).  However, you can't be employed without a visa specific to the employment.  The recruiter indicates a visa will be provided and that does save you that concern.  

However, have you considered how you would go about settling in?  With the salary you mentioned (I assume that was monthly) you should be able to manage quite well.  But, most people have their "stuff" to bring for the long-term residence. Keep that in mind if a return trip is necessary.

As part of the plan, you can make some plans for a vacation while here.  At least then you can have gotten something out of it.

Years ago, just after my university studies, I had a job interview with AMTRAK, a national railroad for the USA.  They paid for my travel and lodging.  I was so unsure of myself I only used the free flight and returned the same day.  sh&t, I coulda, shoulda, woulda done it differently.

• Like 1