Costs For Some Specific Things

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I wonder about some specific costs, but feel free to ask here about other specific costs too  :)

1. Elementary school costs per year per child for POOR people?

(I better ask here than asking someone who hope I will pay it  :)

Is school dress OBLIGATORIC to be allowed to participate?  How much cost such?

2. CONNECTING electricity in rural area.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
CONNECTING electricity in rural area.

I am curious about this too.  The house we bought is part of a compound that used to be a resort.  Now that our house has been subdivided, we can have our own meter.  The thing is that the property is beachfront, and quite a distance from the road, where the meter will be located.

We have left the list of materials with a local hardware store, but 3 of the items have yet to be priced.  Would be curious to see what it cost others (I understand that price will vary by distance from the road).

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
CONNECTING electricity in rural area.

We are in the process of connecting our mountain home to the grid and was told that the standard connection maxes out at 150 meters from power pole to home. Luckily we fit into that length. I suppose the wire gauge and cost increases  after that. 

Thomas
Posted
Posted
We are in the process of connecting our mountain home to the grid and was told that the standard connection maxes out at 150 meters from power pole to home. Luckily we fit into that length. I suppose the wire gauge and cost increases after that.
Have they told how much for that 150 meters connection?
The thing is that the property is beachfront, and quite a distance from the road, where the meter will be located.
But don'tbetween you have the CABLE connection allready to your house?

Why not get the meter at your house AFTER the last of the others?

The shorter between the meter and you, the harder for others to try to sneak connect to your meter  :)

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
But don'tbetween you have the CABLE connection allready to your house? Why not get the meter at your house AFTER the last of the others? The shorter between the meter and you, the harder for others to try to sneak connect to your meter

I like your idea, but I don't think it works that way.  The house was subdivided from what used to be a beach resort.  It currently has electricity, but off of the former owner's meter (he has the main house at the top of the resort, close to the street).  From what I gather, our meter would also have to be on the street.

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
Have they told how much for that 150 meters connection?

Nope not yet. The electrician that was going to organise things got annoyed because we didn't meet him at his house and doesn't want to do it now. We now have a municipal engineer on the job so at least the job will be done regardless. We have to get a clearance from the Barangay which is our first job today. I'll keep you posted on costs.  

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
From what I gather, our meter would also have to be on the street.

I think that is the case too. The meter reading is taken from the street. Perhaps if you are in good standing with the resort owner you could get a private meter from his house to yours and just pay him what you use?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

From what I gather, our meter would also have to be on the street.

I think that is the case too. The meter reading is taken from the street. Perhaps if you are in good standing with the resort owner you could get a private meter from his house to yours and just pay him what you use?

Offer him a bit extra for each month too   :)  so he earn a bit by it too.   I suppouse it will take many years to earn back the much higher extra cost, if you connect all the way to the road.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

It won't make much of a difference since his house is at the top of the compound, close to the street.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It won't make much of a difference since his house is at the top of the compound, close to the street.

1. But isn't the house connected allready? 

Then only a meter and an electrician are needed to connect it, no more cable needed.

2, No connection fee needed, I guess, if connect at the resort owners line.

When foreigners are involved, it's risk the electric company ask MUCH, if they know...