Costs For Some Specific Things

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

The house is connected already to the main meter that is owned by the resort owner.  All parties would prefer that we have our own meter, so each party gets billed for what each party consumes.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The house is connected already to the main meter that is owned by the resort owner.  All parties would prefer that we have our own meter, so each party gets billed for what each party consumes.

Well. But if you have your OWN meter connected to the RESORT line, you can pay the resort owner and a bit extra.

Or would you prefer if the electric company bill you MUCH for the connection??

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

We would prefer to do the right thing - our own meter for our own house.  It is just cleaner this way, even if there is a bigger outlay.  Without our own meter, how would we know how much we've actually consumed?

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

We would prefer to do the right thing - our own meter for our own house.  It is just cleaner this way, even if there is a bigger outlay.  Without our own meter, how would we know how much we've actually consumed?

I believe you missunderstand what I mean.  If put a METER on the cable connected to the resort, then you will know how big part of his bill is your use.

That's rather similar to when an appartment house owner put a meter in each appartment. I suppouse the owner only pay ONE connection fee then.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I believe you missunderstand what I mean.  If put a METER on the cable connected to the resort, then you will know how big part of his bill is your use.

That's rather similar to when an appartment house owner put a meter in each appartment. I suppouse the owner only pay ONE connection fee then.

Only problem with that is if for some reason the resort doesn't pay their elec bill and gets disconnected. You also get disconnected.

IMHO it isn't worth the potential problems to save a few pesos. Best to just get hooked up to the elec utility directly to avoid headaches later on.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
IMHO it isn't worth the potential problems to save a few pesos. Best to just get hooked up to the elec utility directly to avoid headaches later on.
Yes, IF it's a few pesos. If I remember corect, one foreigner told they asked 15 000 DOLLARS to connect his a bit distanced house.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We use a sub-meter.  The electric company bills the home owner for the total usage, and we read our sub-meter and pay her for our portion.  But we do run the risk of paying her and she does not pay - then we both get cut off.   But she likes her electricity so it has not been a problem yet....    :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Now I have got answer to my other question  :)

(One of "My spies" came back chating after Internet damage after the big earthquake. She is rather rich, so she will surely not ask me for such support, so I suppouse it's true. She had to ask her maid, because her own kids go in private school.)

If public school ...

Allowance/day: 20.00

2 Uniforms for the whole year and can still be used until it last: 800 - 1000

School payment - one time and contributions/year: 1000 - 2000

My calculation is with allowance from the actual expenses.

• 5 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

Schools in different cities, on different islands, provinces (take your pick) can and will charge different amounts.  I have 2 girls I am putting through school this year in different provinces and the prices for everything is different for the same grade.  One school needs a white shirt for a uniform - the other full school uniform.  One school charges almost twice for tuition as the other.  Even in university the costs vary by school and course taken.  

One thing that may confuse people...  As of this year, teachers anywhere in the Philippines must wear a uniform to work.  There are 2 different styles for both male and female teachers.  Students are suppose to wear a school uniform but not all schools went to any great length to establish uniforms and some just have a certain color t-shirt or shirt.

Bottom line?  You will have to contact someone who has information for that particular school.  

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Bottom line? You will have to contact someone who has information for that particular school.
  I prefer to know (roughly) before I ask a parent, so I know (rouhjly) if the parent tell the truth  :)   
One school charges almost twice for tuition as the other.
How much cost yours, so I get a hint.