Cheapest Airfare To The Philippines

Michealusa
Posted
Posted

I am trying to book a flight from North Carolina to the Philippines and cant find the low rates I've heard about.

From DC to Manila lowest was $1037 on China Air. Found that on Cheapo air.  I am flying from Wilmington to Washington DC, so thats another flight bringing my total to over $1350.00 Must be a cheaper way. and what are the best Airlines to take and Airports?

I appreciate any help.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Those prices sound good to me.

As you probably know prices change by the hour but there is generally High and Low seasons flying to Asia.

If you can find a local Asian ticket agent or bucket agent they will most likely have the very lowest prices. A bucket shop buys large blocks of airline tickets so have the very lowest prices in most cases. Anyway compare the prices be somewhat flexible in the exact dates to find the best price.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

That isn't out of line for a one way flight from US to Philippines. As I recall I spent around $900 USD on a one way ticket a year ago.

One way tickets don't cost that much less than a round trip ticket.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

We usually paid around 900 each round trip, but booked way in advance, on our last trip to the states and back to Manila was around 1200 if memory serves, but we had to book right away for family emergency. Like anything else when dealing with a move to the Phil prior planning really pays off

• Like 1

Dougbert
Posted
Posted

That's cheap, but you might do some research on China Air.  Personally I wouldn't fly them.  Remember that you're flying something close to 10k miles, so $0.11 per mile is cheap.  You probably can't operate your car for that little (gas, maintenance, insurance).

You might check options to fly from Raleigh to the west coast and connect from there on a major pacific carrier (PAL, KoreanAir, Cathay, United, JAL, etc.).  Got any family or friends out west (LA, SF, Seattle)?  I fly KoreanAir out of SFO thru Incheon then direct to Cebu-Mactan.  I've paid as much as 1400 and as little as 1100 round trip.  Decent food, very good service, clean planes, entertainment unit at every seat in economy, generally on time.  Worth a little extra in my book.  Long flights "electrolux."

Dougbert

p.s.  I'm paying something like $0.33 per mile to fly from CA to SC for Christmas.  More than double my typical rate to Cebu.  And no meals, crappy entertainment, marginal service, bad seats.  What a rip!

robert k
Posted
Posted

China Air always treated me right providing disposable slippers on long flights, a washcloth for my face after a number of hours in-flight. In my limited experience with them they serve a a decent meal on every flight, even the short Taipei Manilla leg so you don't have to be overcharged for the airport rubber chicken or hotdog. I found their planes clean. American Airlines planes I have flown on are filthy and they will sell you a snack. My flight of two months ago cost $1,253 RT.

Just get there without breaking the bank. :)

Michealusa
Posted
Posted

China Air always treated me right providing disposable slippers on long flights, a washcloth for my face after a number of hours in-flight. In my limited experience with them they serve a a decent meal on every flight, even the short Taipei Manilla leg so you don't have to be overcharged for the airport rubber chicken or hotdog. I found their planes clean. American Airlines planes I have flown on are filthy and they will sell you a snack. My flight of two months ago cost $1,253 RT.

Just get there without breaking the bank. :)

Sounds like $1350 is about the normal price also looks like flying out of the east costs more with less options. Thanks for the input.

Michealusa
Posted
Posted

That's cheap, but you might do some research on China Air.  Personally I wouldn't fly them.  Remember that you're flying something close to 10k miles, so $0.11 per mile is cheap.  You probably can't operate your car for that little (gas, maintenance, insurance).

You might check options to fly from Raleigh to the west coast and connect from there on a major pacific carrier (PAL, KoreanAir, Cathay, United, JAL, etc.).  Got any family or friends out west (LA, SF, Seattle)?  I fly KoreanAir out of SFO thru Incheon then direct to Cebu-Mactan.  I've paid as much as 1400 and as little as 1100 round trip.  Decent food, very good service, clean planes, entertainment unit at every seat in economy, generally on time.  Worth a little extra in my book.  Long flights "electrolux."

Dougbert

p.s.  I'm paying something like $0.33 per mile to fly from CA to SC for Christmas.  More than double my typical rate to Cebu.  And no meals, crappy entertainment, marginal service, bad seats.  What a rip!

Yes I agree flights in the us are gettig worse and more expensive. I dread flying in the states

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Found that on Cheapo
Prices can be very different even at different days in a month, so it's much easier to compare at such websites, who show prices for days around the date too as e g momondo do. I believe it's European, so I don't know how good/bad it show alternatives for USA to Philippines.

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

I always use sky scanner.net they find every flight available and the best prices. I myself will be booking our trip. And yeah china air is the cheapest so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk