Cheapest Airfare To The Philippines

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a good fare to me, our last 3 round-trips originating in DFW on KAL have ranged from $1100 to $1400, the latest for tickets with "open" return dates.  Good advice from Old55, we also use an Asian travel agent, they know the market and seasons better than we do.  KAL quality of service always excellent, as Dougbert points out - it's a long trip, might as well be comfortable and well-fed!  You might also want to check Delta out of Detroit, we made quite a few trips from there back when it was Northwest.  Safe travels to you.

• Like 1

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

I think the issue with china air isn't one of pricing or in cabin service, it's one of safety. They have a pretty dismal safety record and haven't shown the corporate culture necessary to change that. Even Philippines Air is safer!

Myself? I wouldn't ever fly with them. Korean Air, Cathay Pacific are my preferred carriers in that neck of the woods.

newbster
Posted
Posted

When I don't have enough frequent flyer miles and have to buy a ticket I usually buy one from LAX to Manila and the cost is usually about $900 at best - that's booking way in advance and being flexible on dates. So your ticket from DC sounds like a good price. Then I use my Southwest Air or Frontier miles to get myself to LAX to catch the flight.

One thing about China Air that would concern me - 2 things actually - I'm not so sure about how safe they are to fly, and Chinese airports can get huge and frequent delays due to extremely restricted flight paths inside China (the Chinese military strictly limits flights across China) - I believe that Beijing airport has the worst delays in the world.

pokermike
Posted
Posted

I have flown every airline to the PI and i really do not have a problem with any of them. I always go to the same site for my deals .   Best Travel Store which i  have found always has the best prices. When you find a deal still check with the carrier on ocassion i have been offered discounts after i mentioned i could get a lower price from the site.

My next flight next month from LA is going to cost me 800 and change round trip. if i want to upgrade a little about 950. When i say upgrade i mean a flight with less travel time. They offer every airline to chose from.

Cant wait for my next trip getting ready to ready to retire. Still a little afraid about money , but my friends who live there say i will have no problem. I see all these costs on what it costs to live , but i know when i visit , which is about 4 to 6 times a year , i spend a lot of money. i hope its a lot different when i live there.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Can anyone give me and idea what it would cost to fly from Manila to Mac-tan airport. Trying to decide wether to buy tickets from base to Manila or from base to Cebu MacTan. The cost from base to Cebu verses base to Manila is about $300.00, I thought a ticket from MAnila to Cebu was only $70.00.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Can anyone give me and idea what it would cost to fly from Manila to Mac-tan airport.

Best to go direct to the source of one of the budget carriers that the travel agents won't book for ya

https://www.cebupacificair.com/?gclid=CMq9ur2AsMcCFdQXjgodf7oHnA

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

I have had  good luck by buying my tickets straight from the airlines and not going thru ticket sites does not hurt to check it out time of the week you fly and time of year does matter on the price  

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I bought my one way ticket through cheap tickets online and paid under $700 from JFK with one stop.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I bought my one way ticket through cheap tickets online and paid under $700 from JFK with one stop.

Richie if i may ask, what is you Status here that you have only bought a one way Ticket.?

JP  :unsure:

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Richie if i may ask, what is you Status here that you have only bought a one way Ticket.?

JP :unsure:

I am on my extensions. I bought a one way trip and an onwards ticket that cost under $100.

Status is working on my wife's visa to take her home. :)

• Like 1