What Area Of Cebu To Look For A House?

TedDBayer
Posted
Posted

It's minus 20*C, just had an ice storm, power was out for 2 days and I live in southern Ontario. I'll take hot and humid.

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

Temperature wise Cebu in general though hot and humid is still better than many other places I've visited. In Phils,Manila was worse with it's 34C or more. I went travelling to Thailand and Singapore through the hot season and my partner who is a native cebuana complained of the heat. Surely when we returned to Cebu there was a cool breeze that wasn't present in the other places, even in Phuket. Perhaps it's because it's a long thin island so everything is not too far from the ocean.

Edited by Fred & Mimi
  • Like 3

TedDBayer
Posted
Posted

I can takes 30 degrees. I saw 42* in Thailand, I felt like melting. China was average 32* from Apr to Sept.

I just noticed that Cebu gets EARTHQUAKES, is there a safe area? 

Taking hospitals off my list, what area is quieter and not overly expensive. I thought Mactan Island or Talamban may be good. I want more suburban that city, I'd even take rural.  I'm maintaining a house at home, my budget is $2000, It would be more if I didn't have the house. I'm not renting my house out. I'm spending a week there and I really don't know where to look.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Go to Cebu City for a few weeks then travel south to Moalboal or some other small town or city. Then go north to Danao but not more than Borbon due to storm damage. You will then have an idea of the Island and be able to learn what pleases you.

More than likely you will meet someone special and she will guide you.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hi Ted,

If you come down to Carcar City I can show you around a bit and where to stay. Its about 1 1/2 hour trip South of Cebu City by bus and a little faster by taxi if you want to pay more and get here faster. I also know a young lady who is a self employed tour guide and real estate agent. She works out of Mactan Island but can travel wherever you want to go. She seems like a very nice and honest person. Just let me know if you are interested in my offers.

• Like 2

TedDBayer
Posted
Posted

@ Americano, thanks. I never thought of looking else where. Carcar looks like a smaller city. I had planned on looking around the outskirts of Cebu, but that's a big area. I should be open to other areas. I live in rural Canada and lived in a city in China. China is a crazy circus, but newer parts of cities are beautiful. My home is so quiet that sometimes it makes my ears ring. I'd like something in between.

I'd appreciate a real estate/ guide contact, please send me info. I more or less know what I want for a house, a bungalow with some yard and fenced, 100 to 120'm. I'd look at something smaller with a fenced yard. I'm more of a home body and won't be spending my time in bars.

TedDBayer
Posted
Posted

@ MikeB, I'm open to suggestions on where to look, I don't know the Philippines, only been to Manila.

TedDBayer
Posted
Posted

@Badlongon, Thanks for suggestion, I was going to stay for one week, but maybe I'll stay longer

MikeB
Posted
Posted

@ MikeB, I'm open to suggestions on where to look, I don't know the Philippines, only been to Manila.

That's why I say you should explore, what's right for you isn't right for me and vice versa. Where I live there's no pollution or traffic but there's also no nightlife, good restaurants, and shopping is limited. If you live in the province you are probably going to need to have transportation. Many factors to consider. 

• Like 1