44.99 Pesos For A Dollar On Xe.com

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay meant 15-20 centavos I'm sure, for any new people. -15 to 20 piso would be horrible.

Thanks, I fixed that.  Second time I have done that!   :bash:

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Purchasing.  Now that we have a higher rate, I use it for my gas and groceries quite often, and some larger purchases if it doesn't impact the cost of the item.

That's a thought on the grocery purchases but give them your card at the Carcar Gaisano "Grand" and watch them run around like headless chickens. Gave up on that one.   

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Purchasing.  Now that we have a higher rate, I use it for my gas and groceries quite often, and some larger purchases if it doesn't impact the cost of the item.

That's a thought on the grocery purchases but give them your card at the Carcar Gaisano "Grand" and watch them run around like headless chickens. Gave up on that one.   

We do most of our shopping at Royal Duty Free and the credit card is actually a cleaner transaction there than the debit card.  With the debit card they have about 5 extra (and to me, stupid) steps to run it through.  Credit cards are widely accepted in Subic.

jon1
Posted
Posted

The wife got 45.10 today at the Freeport BPI by Royale.. 

• 2 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

seems that its slightly higher now

45.0502 on XE.com 

yahoo varies now from 44.94-45.09 so far today 4april

Mid-market rates: 2014-04-03 17:04 UTC

With the debit card they have about 5 extra (and to me, stupid) steps to run it through

could you try to explain?  so that others would know so that we dont get "pissed" or aggravated.
Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

Dam I wish the Canadian dollar was still near par with US dollar !

Yesterday at WU I only got 39php to the Canadian $.

Sent from my iPhone. buhay ay mahusay na! magsaya.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

seems that its slightly higher now

45.0502 on XE.com 

yahoo varies now from 44.94-45.09 so far today 4april

Mid-market rates: 2014-04-03 17:04 UTC

With the debit card they have about 5 extra (and to me, stupid) steps to run it through

could you try to explain?  so that others would know so that we dont get "pissed" or aggravated.

Apparently Royal does not have the cash registers connected to the debit card machine.  First they get the total on the register, then they hand punch it into the debit machine, (and many times they have to use a debit machine at another location), then they have you put your pin in, then a couple of slips of paper print out, which they then put into the cash register to have something printed on the, and they type your name into the cash register, and they log something on a log sheet.

It is almost as stupid as CD-R King.  I bought a 10 peso pen there yesterday and they write everything down manually on a receipt, and have you sign it, and they log it, and then give the money to someone else who will give you change.

• Like 3

alsuave
Posted
Posted

The volatility continues. Today the peso traded around 45.30 most of the day, and closed the Philippine business day at 45.30. However, after that it fell drastically and the mid-market rate right now is 45.55.

I can't find much news about the peso and I am curious what is driving it. The dollar was actually weaker against most world currencies.

Non farm payrolls are released today. The USD will be volatile against every currency.

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Dam I wish the Canadian dollar was still near par with US dollar ! Yesterday at WU I only got 39php to the Canadian $.

Saturday, 5Apr - Used PNB remittance in Scarborough.  Exchange rate was 40.85.

• 1 year later...
canadamale
Posted
Posted

$1.00 CAD =  $34.45 PHP, $1.00 USD = $46.80 PHP xe.com aug 28/15