Beginning My New Life There In 2 Months

norman_hendrickson
Posted
Posted

hope actually to find some expats to get together with once i get settled in the Lapu Lapu area...i have lots to learn so making connections there will be great

i a newly wed so to speak married a little over 6 months so looking to build....

thanks to all here...and hope to meet soon

Norman and Vina Marie

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Welcome and good luck :)

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum  :cheersty:

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Good luck.

You'll need it!!!!!!!

P.S. In 5 years you will be looking to move back home.

• Like 3

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum

I am sure you will find good info on this great forum along with nice members :cheersty:

• Like 2

franzh
Posted
Posted

So I'm curious...

For those who are fairly negative on the prospects for foreigners happily living here (as am I...), such as Subic Steve and Lordblacknail, et. al., how would you describe your two or three main reasons why you personally find it difficult to stay, and would cause you to leave?

Me personally, after about two years here I have a list of negatives that I could write a book about, but let's not go there cuz it will just make me upset... :)

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

So I'm curious...

For those who are fairly negative on the prospects for foreigners happily living here (as am I...), such as Subic Steve and Lordblacknail, et. al., how would you describe your two or three main reasons why you personally find it difficult to stay, and would cause you to leave?

Me personally, after about two years here I have a list of negatives that I could write a book about, but let's not go there cuz it will just make me upset... :)

Lets just say that as much as I want out of "paradise", my Filipina wife wants out more.  She lived in America for 13 years and realizes what a lovely place this aint. 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

home is where the heart is, but it helps if you have a little extra cash and something to do and have no worries too, now where is that place

robert k
Posted
Posted

Home is not a place, it's people. I believe it was Samuel Clemens who said "home is the place that when you have to go there, they have to take you in". :)

• Like 1