Beginning My New Life There In 2 Months

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

That's a legitimate request, MikeB, sometimes s#!+ just happens.  In all fairness, though, I'm enjoying some distinct advantages in that my beautiful asawa of 26+ years of marriage is a dual USA/Filipina citizen and land/property owner here in Neg. Occ., and we've made many extended visits here since the mid-80s before taking the plunge and moving here last fall.  Also, we have long-time and dear friends entering their 12 or 13th year of residency in the Minglanilla area who have been a God-send of good information and sound advice for us - kind of like this forum!  But, we still learn the hard way, too sometimes, and I consider it as my tuition payment at the "school of hard knocks".   

• Like 1

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

"I am not coming over with rose colored glasses.  I don't expect it to be like a vacation from a travel brochure."

Ding, ding, ding!  That's a good approach, Jeff R, and said so much more concisely than I did, thanks. 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
USA/Filipina citizen and land/property owner here in Neg

Same with SAO, but Aust/Filipina and Neg Oriental... What is it about these Bisayan girls ;)

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For the most part music, roosters, dog barking... these are just things you have to get used to.
Not if you settle far enough from neighbours   :) 

Hard to find because of Philippines is crowded, but such places excist even if most of them are small huts  :)

(That's why I aim at doing that after living among Filipins the first 1/2 - 1 year to get much local language practice. But I expect I have to build a house, because it's rare but excist such calm places with stone house.)

• Like 1