Srrv Or Tourist

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Did I hear correctly that the application for SRRV cost over $1,400? Personal note about PTSD, 25 years later it bothers me alot less than it did. :tiphat:

Correct it is $1400 and then if you leave your money (all of it) in the bank you still have to pay $500 a year .... if you buy a condo with your money I believe you have to pay the $1400 each year until the money is paid back into your account .... BUT .... with all the confusing info on their website please don't hold me to the last part .... :mocking:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't hold you to it Mike. I just like to know what to look out for before I start reading the rules. From what I had already heard, the SRRV didn't really suit me but as things keep changing, it can't hurt to get a little confirmation. The SRRV doesn't sound like it has a great deal of benefit over just the tourist visa. Thanks for your comment.

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The $1400 is a one time, non-refundable application fee. The annual SRRV fee is $360.

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

• Like 3

generalmark
Posted
Posted

if youre going to get married early next year, why would you even contemplate a retirement visa? i dont get it.

youre future asawa thinks your insane.

why is this even a topic if leaving the philippines is not of interest.

a 13a is a fraction of the nauseating srrv.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

It's a topic because I needed clarification on a few things and for others that may be at a similar cusp to be able to see that clarification as well.  By posting this topic it's straightened some issues out for me and bought me closer to a decision than reading the BI website and correspondence with the PI consulate did.   It is after all, part of the reason we're members of this forum. 

SRRV is a consideration mainly due to stability with regards to location.  Yes, you're at the whims of BI in either case but your marital status isn't an issue with the SRRV. 

Thanks to those that gave the info guys, very helpful and has tipped me towards 13a, I'll probably go ahead with that and hold the SRRV in reserve in the unlikely event things go pear shaped in the future.

Still curious about your comment on "Sounds like she wants out of the PI"  Generalmark. 

Yeah Robert K, 8 years on things on things are better, but I look at my father who served twice in Vietnam with the Royal Engineers - better known as tunnel rats there http://tunnelrats.com.au/%C2'> - and he hasn't improved in my memory, but thanks for the encouragement. It's different for everyone.  A subject for another thread though methinks. 

• Like 4

generalmark
Posted
Posted

yourself refers to a sticking point to pension deposits in the pi.

foreign country residence would alleviate the financial security concerns surrounding that sticking point.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

We are indeed living in interesting times.  JJ just posted some that has clinched it for me here.  This is now all a non-issue for me personally.

Edit:  The SRRV would have allowed me to access my superannuation (Australian compulsory retirement fund - preserved employer contributions plus my own - 9% of gross in both cases - both whilst in the Navy and employment since my discharge) prior to the mandated age of 65 by proving permanent residency in another country.  For my fellow Australians, I was born in 1969 so was after the staggered age limits with regards to this. With the new rules I just linked, this just became a whole lot cheaper. It was another reason the SRRV vs 13(a) wasn't the no-brainer it first appeared to be.  I forgot to mention it earlier.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1