Another New Experience

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife wants me to tell you that one way to know if a woman is really interested in you or just your money is to buy her a gift on at least 2 different occasions. The gift can be something like a watch, any kind of jewelry or anything you think she may like. The important thing is to buy the cheapest one you can find. Be sure to watch her reaction when you give it to her. If she is really interested in you then the cost of her gift shouldn't matter. After you give her one or two cheap gifts she will loose interest in you if she is just after your money.

Nice idea although you will probably know based on the 1st gift. Remember unless she is pretty Westernized she may not know the difference between cheap and expensive - as long as it looks good. Of course an iPhone is an exception.

I am a watch nut and own many, some of which are expensive. When I travel, I wear my cheapest Seiko, just in case. Invariably Filipinos/Filipinas go gaga over my "fancy" watch. My wife goes to the mall and buys clothes like most women. Invariably the clothes are inexpensive. She is appalled by some prices and won't spend that kind of cash. 

I guess my point is if the girl wants expensive and knows brands and costs - it would be a red flag for me. But I don't think her joke about wanting an iPhone is anything to worry about. 

Edited by davewe
  • Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

There's some truth to the watch thing.  My wife, who for some inexplicable reason is always on time (if not early), never checks her watch.  It is therefore incumbent upon me to adjust her watch from daylight to standard and back.

• Like 4

davewe
Posted
Posted

Oh BTW, I am 61 (I know, I know - it's hard to believe) and my wife is 25. It's very common in the Philippines.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I did read on here about introducing the young lady to some filipina friends, just lucky I happen to have a wonderful married filipina friend, so I will organise a dinner one night, 4 of us and have the young miss checked out, but when we where in SM she not once window shopped seemed happy just to walk and talk must be my good looks dazzling her :hystery: . Anyway thanks all, and for the wives good advice I will take it all onboard :tiphat:

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:rolleyes: You know, it is not just the things already mentioned, that makes us wonder, what goes on in their heads. It is also, their Bad Memory,

My wife Forgot to charge her phone Yesterday. When she went to the Supermarket last night, I lent her mine, ( She needed to talk to her Mama while she was there.) She did not return it to me, even though, I asked about it. Later, was the reply, of course, this also, a word we often hear.

This morning, about 35 mins ago, I get an email from her (she is at work)  complaining that I am not answering my Phone. She is now asking me why, my phone is in her bag :unsure: cos you forgot to give it to me I say. Sorry, she says ( a word seldom used here  :no:)

AH OK! but who is ringing you, it keeps ringing  :hystery:  ha ha Go Figure.

For me! if you are checking out a lady, Check her memory, The change of things bought, may go into her purse. :thumbsup:  Love my wife to death BUT  :rolleyes: 

:tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 4

Miguk
Posted
Posted

Well of I go to SM Mall for a hot date with a certain young lady (26 her, me 63 yes yes I know, heard all the jokes) mind you on her insistance, time of date 4pm (me) but then I forget filipino time, that is any time close to 4pm , certain young miss arrives 4-55, I was just writing the text to her to say don't bother, an hour late is enough for any man, especially a foreigner, also can some please tell me why they bother to wear watches here, do they actually use them or are they just some fashion accessory. Well sitting there like a shag on a rock, when this absolutely beautiful young miss turns up with the cutest smile, sorry sir jeepney got stuck in traffic, well what could I say as I drag my tongue off the pavement " would you like a coffee I blabbed like some pimply faced 12 yo. Well after a pizza ( good Pizza Hut at SM but sorry sir cannot have supreme no stock ,wtf, hahahahaa) and a chat we parted company, stuck her in a taxi home and I climbed into mine for the Mactan 500 home. I don't know where this taxi drivers learn to drive but this guy was a complete maniac, manual box 1st to 4th no problems maybe 2nd gear and 3rd were not working, so as we weaved and caressed our way home avoiding all and sundry I decided to glue myself to my cell phone and send texts, I thought that would be safer. No beer at home and I was hanging out for a drop, as we came into my street, lane, alleyway, whatever they call it here, I see the local sari- sari open, stop I say and pay off the nut job driver( 174pesos geez what a joke for a half hour trip) get my beer,pay for and as I walk out  the power junction box goes off like someone shot a bloody big shell into it, I hit the dirt thinking it's a hit on someone, (hope not me I wasn't rude to that girl) goes dark, lights on again, me on the ground covered in whatever and the locals pointing at me pissing themselves laughing,it was a long walk home, but the sml was cold. More fun in the phils, crazy but my kind of crazy.

Classic!  I was laughing out loud!  Great stuff.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
She also said to tell you that the age difference doesn't matter
Yes, that seem to be a common oppinion among Filipinas, some young ones, who have been left by young Pinoys, even have switched to be interested ONLY in at least 20 years older, because they expect it's a biger chance the older is responcible...
There's 15 years between SAO and I; here we get some odd looks, in PI no one bats an eyelid.
    !   In Sweden I got odd looks when I were around 40 when I went out with a Swedish woman in SAME age, back then it wasn't any common with cougars with toyboys   :lol:      (Most people believed I were teenager still when I were 35, which made some trouble e g when I didn't bring my ID card to prove I were old enough to get into a minimum 23 age disco  :hystery:

But luckily I have become grey enough now to be counted to the old responcible men  :dance:

• Like 1

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

This is great stuff guys!!! Keep it coming!  LMAO!

Americano
Posted
Posted

Frosty,

That's very good advice to have other Filipinas check her out if you know other Filipinas that you really can trust. Most Filipinas will tell another Filipina her real thoughts and secrets because she thinks she can trust her since both are Filipinas.

If you were closer to Carcar I would have suggested you and her meeting up with me and my wife.

• Like 3

davewe
Posted
Posted

Frosty,

That's very good advice to have other Filipinas check her out if you know other Filipinas that you really can trust. Most Filipinas will tell another Filipina her real thoughts and secrets because she thinks she can trust her since both are Filipinas.

If you were closer to Carcar I would have suggested you and her meeting up with me and my wife.

While I wasn't able to have Filipina friends check out my wife in person, I had several close friends "friend" her on Facebook. After getting to know her they all said she was fantastic and genuine in her feelings about me. That was in contrast to my 1st Filipina gf who was not trusted by a couple of my Filipina friends.

• Like 1