Looking For Apt - Cebu City

nigelmac
Posted
Posted

Just a quick question I have been looking to rent an apart in Cebu city for the first year and take things from there but what are the names of the areas classed in that zone on the interned ad sites it all seems a bit confusing with concerns to the geography and I don't want to be way outside the city center until I get my bearings maybe next year can anyone give me a list please?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I split your question into a new topic. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

I found the easiest way was to plug the name into Google Earth.  It works very well and you can also "zoom in" to find local restaurants, malls, etc.

Edited by Mike J

Lou49
Posted
Posted

Just a quick question I have been looking to rent an apart in Cebu city for the first year and take things from there but what are the names of the areas classed in that zone on the interned ad sites it all seems a bit confusing with concerns to the geography and I don't want to be way outside the city center until I get my bearings maybe next year can anyone give me a list please?

Try this. I lived there for a year and it was ok.

http://www.apartelledearcenas.com/

nigelmac
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike for putting this question into a thread probably more appropriate :cheersty:

Lou Thank you for that not quite what I was looking for I would ideally like a 2 bedroom with a terrace 44-60 sq meters approx for around 30,000 PHP per month does this sound reasonable?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Trying to do something like this over the internet is almost impossible. The place Lou recommended is monthly or even daily, no lease required. Stay there and look around for what you need. 

robert k
Posted
Posted

I believe there is really no substitute for feet on the ground. I have a friend who made the move who had really modest needs and he was finding nothing below 12k piso a month online but after arriving and while staying in a hotel for 10 days he met someone who knew someone who had an acceptable house for 3k piso a month. After arrival, I think you should have no problem finding a condo or something in your price range but without a reliable agent to do legwork, there is no substiitute for doing it yourself. The internet will most likely not give accurate information. Do you think they wouldn't hide the facts to get a first and last months payment out of you? I would look at other housing threads and pay special attention to the advice that when you find a place watch it for a period of time before committing to a lease, watch it weekdays, weekends, days and nights for a pertod of time. Also consider what will happen where you live during celebrations that include parades, the street could become standing room only and you could become house bound. Just something to think about. Good luck! :)

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

For 30,000 a month you could find a hotel and stay there until you find something you want, And as someone has said, dont forget the deposit which you will find hard to get back.

• Like 1

nigelmac
Posted
Posted

Ok putting this question an easier way are there any areas in Cebu City, Bronx like or notorious for crime shanty towns Council type estates etc., that you guys here would DEFINITELY not live in? again I think I have a healthy budget and I am willing to go higher for the right place that catches my eye for what ever reason.

Agreed with concerns to the legwork I will not be committing myself financially to any obligations on line have no fear about that.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Ok putting this question an easier way are there any areas in Cebu City, Bronx like or notorious for crime shanty towns Council type estates etc., that you guys here would DEFINITELY not live in? again I think I have a healthy budget and I am willing to go higher for the right place that catches my eye for what ever reason.

Agreed with concerns to the legwork I will not be committing myself financially to any obligations on line have no fear about that.

Leave the Colon (Downtown) area alone. Perhaps look in the Banilad and Lahug areas. Lapu Lapu is too far from the city in my opinion. 

• Like 2