Looking For Apt - Cebu City

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I stayed 30 nights here and they had a outside walkway where the aircons and propane tanks were kept. Guest would hang wash to dry in the are also. i would smoke my cigars there.

Sorry Russell but I have to smile here, :)

1. You Smoke outside, so no smell in your apartment yet others get your cigar smoke on their Clean Clothes. :unsure:  :th_unfair:  :mocking:

2. Knowing where you are, is that wise to smoke around where propane tanks are kept?    :no:   :rolleyes:

JMHO and Thoughts my friend.

JP

Edited by Jack Peterson

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I stayed 30 nights here and they had a outside walkway where the aircons and propane tanks were kept. Guest would hang wash to dry in the are also. i would smoke my cigars there.

Sorry Russell but I have to smile here, :)

1. You Smoke outside, so no smell in your apartment yet others get your cigar smoke on their Clean Clothes. :unsure:  :th_unfair:  :mocking:

2. Knowing where you are, is that wise to smoke around where propane tanks are kept?    :no:   :rolleyes:

JMHO and Thoughts my friend.

JP

Wow you have a very wild imagination huh :-)

robert k
Posted
Posted

Jack's comment had ocurred to me also. Methane natural gas rises and isn't much problem. LPG propane is a heavy gas and it pools.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  :no:  Wild imagination OH No!sir.

1.  Whilst as a smoker you may not notice smells on your Clothes, others may, especially non Smokers.

2.  The Philippines have quite a few Problems with Bad valve Fittings on Propane tanks, leakages are quite common.

You Obviously have never seen a propane tank Ignite and explode.  :rolleyes:

No Sir, not Imagination but a reality check is in order my friend.

BTW Why do you think they put  No Smoking Signs in Gas stations and near the Gas Bottle Storage area?

Flammable liquids are Too dangerous to have anyone Smoking around. 

JP :tiphat:  :)

russellmania
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  :no:  Wild imagination OH No!sir.

1.  Whilst as a smoker you may not notice smells on your Clothes, others may, especially non Smokers.

2.  The Philippines have quite a few Problems with Bad valve Fittings on Propane tanks, leakages are quite common.

You Obviously have never seen a propane tank Ignite and explode.  :rolleyes:

No Sir, not Imagination but a reality check is in order my friend.

BTW Why do you think they put  No Smoking Signs in Gas stations and near the Gas Bottle Storage area?

Flammable liquids are Too dangerous to have anyone Smoking around. 

JP :tiphat:  :)

Ok well let me break it down for you two clowns. The outside walkway is LARGE ENOUGH where it is not a problem to be near the small  propane tanks or clothes that are drying. Instead of you two old fools speculating go see for yourself.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

S

The outside walkway is LARGE ENOUGH where it is not a problem to be near the small  propane tanks or clothes that are drying.

Some people just never Learn and think they are always right :no: Troll feeding time is over.

russellmania
Posted
Posted

S

The outside walkway is LARGE ENOUGH where it is not a problem to be near the small  propane tanks or clothes that are drying.

Some people just never Learn and think they are always right :no: Troll feeding time is over.

You just described yourself right?  You INSINUATED I was dumb for smoking right next to the small propane tanks and clothes on the line. You were wrong and should have ask how many feet was in between me and the tanks which is probably 15ft. Go see for yourself and then report back here. It takes a troll to know a troll.

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Just went by some tanks not to far from my house. There was a guy filling tanks. I asked him about smoking around this gas , he said first of all do you see the casing around the thanks that is to help contain damage if they blow up. He then swung the gate closed a little and showed me a sign no smoking within 50 feet. Funny he said you would have to be a fool to smoke around these tanks even within 50 feet , he says the gas hangs and depending on the weather it will really build up. I am a gambler , i would enjoy the cigar , the worst thing that could happen maybe you die or get burned , so what its worth the gamble, very unlikely it will happen . Dont listen to these guys.   Poker Mike

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Lol,15 feet. Suppose that 1 kg of no longer liquid and greatly expanded propane mixed with about 12 kg of air. That is alot of air. Think how much area 12 kilos of air would occupy. That small amount inside a building will blow the walls out and leave the roof sitting on the foundation. The air itself is part of the explosion. It need not be closely confined either to wreak havoc. I lived a number of years in a rural area where everyone heated their homes with propane space heaters and l have seen the results. My line from the tank froze one night and thawed after the heater and pilots had gone out, no thermocouple on those old units. I awoke to a house full of gas. Barefoot and in my skyvvies l went out and turned the 250 gallon tank off and went back in and opened all the windows and sliding glass door. I was lucky, double lucky l had presence of mind not to flip a lightswitch. Old space heaters like that are no longer up to code and would void my homeowners insurance, with good reason. With the poor valves and l believe the hoses in use in the Philippines rotting from contact with propane, l would be concerned. Luckily it's a big enough world l am unlikely to find myself in proximity to you but that leaves all the other people who think that simply because it has not happened to them yet that it can't. Obviously those signs of no smoking within 50 feet are part of a government boondoggle to keep sign manufacturers employed.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Since the guy who started the "Looking For Apt - Cebu City" thread hasn't been back for 6 months I think we can safely close this,