S & R Prices

medasman
Posted
Posted

What is Rustain

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Around the corner from SR is an SM hypermart you should check the prices there. I have used both places and to me SR membership is a waste of money.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

SM Hypermart is another good choice. It's huge and has an attached Ace Hardware. Service is great because there's not many customers. Not sure why, I guess you need a car. Rustan's is an upscale supermarket in Ayala and Banilad, probably other locations but those are the 2 I know. 

robert k
Posted
Posted

Bob, grass fed beef is what McDonalds uses at least in the US, the McDonalds and BurgerKing burgers I had in the RP tasted identical to those I had in the US. I believe it generally comes from Argentina and it is very healthy, it's the rest of the burger/ meal that makes it garbage, but I sometimes indulge anyway. :)

I believe the point of using name brand breakfast sausage in the mix is not just for the added fat, but it is also spiced in the proper amount, if you can find a cheap brand that tastes the same, I would recommend that.

I suspect that I will be eating more pork, ham, ribs, chops grilled or breaded and fried or pork roast than beef because it's seemed easier to me to find decent pork when I was there, I won't mind splurging now and then when I grill some burgers. I just couldn't get to like Jollibee or Angels hamburgers [i recommend Angels hungarian sausage], I even tried Army Navy burger in Manilla and I recommend their fajita or "stranded ships cook" sandwich instead.

Good thing I like pancit canton and like to cook. I also have found the Loganisa sausage to be good wherever I have bought it, wet market or restaurant. :) I did try to make fifty-fifty burgers with local bacon and beef ground together, while edible, I think it would have been better without.

Don't get me started on seafood, I'm guilty enough already for dragging this thread off topic, sorry JGF. :)

To drag this back on topic [kicking and screaming?] I will probably be seeking a membership to S&R because sometimes I like to buy in bulk to hedge against lack of availability or the price doubling overnight which can happen in some stores I frequented.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I will be moving to cebu in the next 2 months how do you join S&R 

Hope this can be of assistance     :tiphat:  

http://www.snrshopping.com/membership.html

http://www.snrshopping.com/membership/gold-membership.html

Attach a photocopy of 2 of the following valid I.D.’s (with photo) for each CARDholder (Primary and Extension):

• Passport - Voter’s I.D
  • Driver’s Licence - Tin NO. Card
  • SSS/GSIS I.D. (Digitized) - Postal I.D
  • PRC License - Company I.D
  • NBI Clearance - School I.D

Bring the completed application form, photocopy of 2 valid I.D. and appropriate fees to Membership at any S & R Membership Shopping warehouse.

Gold membership is P700 for the first year. One extension CARD per household is available for P400 for the first year.

Please bring your temporary CARD, proof of payment and valid I.D. to claim Personalized Photo I.D. Membership CARD.

Personalized Photo I.D. Membership Card is issued when you apply in person at S & R Membership Shopping warehouse.

Your membership is valid at all S&R locations.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
grass fed beef is what McDonalds

Grass fed at McDonalds?  Maybe if you get lucky.  I used to buy grass fed (from Whole Foods in Ohio from local cattle) and it does not have as much fat so you have to work with it a bit.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/food_quality/see_what_we_are_made_of/your_questions_answered/meats.html

robert k
Posted
Posted

OMW, my information on the grass fed beef was dated, probably 15 years ago. You know how corporations are, if they stopped a practice yesterday, OH! we never do that. jack in the box used to make some good burgers with kangaroo meat which I'm sure they will say never happened. No it didn't tase like chicken. :)

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I've had kangaroo meat that we bought at the St. Lawrence Market in downtown Toronto. We cooked it really fast since it was so lean, and it was tender.

We used the leftovers to garnish our nachos the next day - giving a Mexican recipe an Aussie kick!

Back to S&R - what do the initials stand for?

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

I just don't understand peoples fascination for Rustans. Ayala metro has a far bigger supply of western foods than Rustans, at least as far as I can see. Why do people always mention that instead of AM? I have gone to Rustans at least ten times hoping to find anything at all that I couldn't find elsewhere, but I have never bought anything there.

And S&R is the only place in Cebu to find ice cream. And before you start yelling, the first ingredient in ice cream should be cream, not oil, not water like local "ice cream". S&R has items from the west that you can't find anywhere else. Sure those items are more expensive than in the west, but what is important is that you can buy them at all.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I just don't understand peoples fascination for Rustans.

LOL, I never said I was "fascinated" with Rustan's, I said I would take it over S&R. Ayala Metro is good also. We're all different, for example, I rarely eat ice cream so it's availability means nothing to me.