Any Trends In Air Fares To Report?

Danimal
Posted
Posted

I live in SW Florida USA, and have been looking at air fares between my area and Cebu. I've been putting in random date ranges into the search engine at Kayak.com, and I'm not seeing any real trends yet in price increases and decreases. Are there any times that air fares are more or less expensive? Or should I just suck it up and go whenever is a good time?

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I find october to be the cheapest time of year to travel  but try different search engines prices vary greatly   

Trip adviser tickets seems to be one of the best for me 

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You're going to have to travel to a hub outside Florida which increases the cost and, if price is your primary factor, the least expensive fares are to Manila, not Cebu. Avoid Christmas altogether, I always came 2nd week of Jan and that worked for me. Often the least expensive fares have insane layovers. 

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I always find the cheapest fares from Florida originate in Orlando,  bless you Mickey

robert k
Posted
Posted

I second the Manila suggestion. If you have a couple months range in which to travel, you can sometimes find a good flight to Manila for 2/3 of the price of Cebu as destination. Manila/Cebu is a major route and prices are decent, be sure to pay for excess baggage when you book your ticket as the allowed baggage on internal flights is low.

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Yes I have found its about 500 cheaper to fly into Manila but not worth it at all 

By the time you factor in return air to Cebu a couple nights hotels because you don,t want to miss your flight and the pain of going through manila 2 times

The added time involved in Manila is a pain in the rear huge lines and just poor service . I did it a couple times and avoid it if I can

Now if you want to hang out and spend a few days in Manila then I see doing it  .

Also try these guys they have amazing prices depends on where you fly out of

http://airfasttickets.com 

• Like 2

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

Hung out for months in Kayak, skyscanner, and Cheap O Air. Even tried going directly through the airlines. After all the time and confusion, I finally gave up and went to a highly recommended travel agent. Best $50 I ever spent! Saved me $175 from the best price I could find. No obnoxious layovers, got my seats reserved and I don't have to fly into Manila. 

• Like 4

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Hung out for months in Kayak, skyscanner, and Cheap O Air. Even tried going directly through the airlines. After all the time and confusion, I finally gave up and went to a highly recommended travel agent. Best $50 I ever spent! Saved me $175 from the best price I could find. No obnoxious layovers, got my seats reserved and I don't have to fly into Manila. 

And the price was  ??????

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I like to book online directly with the airline, Cathay Pacific, Cebu Pacific, or PAL. If you have to make changes, it is easier. I once booked with Expedia and when I had to make a change, they passed the buck to an agency who passed it on to the airline who passed it back to Expedia and on. If there is a typhoon or snow storm or a delay, the airline will take care of you better than the others. Some agencies are not registered and when they go bankrupt or are sold, there will be problems. Which ever way you go, pay by credit card, never cash.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Cebu Rocks, I have not had a hard time in Manila. I booked an ok hotel in Quezon City on Agoda for $20 a night and stayed 6 days waiting for someone and having some dental work done. Other than a slight boo boo at imigration when I told them I wanted to extend to 59 days on the spot and they gave me 30 days anyway, took an hour to sort but could happen at any port of arrival, and I did have to spend 1.5 days in Manila on my departure to make sure I did not miss my departure flight, it was right after Yolanda and there was more weather brewing so better safe than sorry. I had zero problems in Manila that I would not expect somewhere else. I had cab drivers try to scam and raise the fare, but I had easy ride drivers try the same on Panay, and did not encounter a single cab driver in Bacolod on Negros who did not try to scam on the fare! Maybe in Manila I lead a charmed life and I might stay there more often if the air wasn't so bad, which I admit is filthy and I would not live there long term. Spending a few days or a week there never hurt me or my wallet.

• Like 4