Any Trends In Air Fares To Report?

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I agree robert Manila is ok if you want to hang out and do some stuff there for a few days its just a pain if your destination is Cebu 

At least 2 days of your trip will be Manila and the airport sux  if your just transferring through its a waste of 2 days imo

And landing in cebu is so much better you breeze through immigration and customs .

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I always find the cheapest fares from Florida originate in Orlando,  bless you Mickey

Mickey says your Welcomepost-1293-0-41627500-1393997644_thumb.jppost-1293-0-78400800-1393997692_thumb.jp

Seriously a better way to find a GOOD FARE is to Look at the "FARE BASIS"

once you find the FARE BASIS then start looking for that seat/ticket

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

When I fly in or out of Manila for international travel I use ANA airlines which use NAIA Terminal 3. Terminal 3 is the nicest and newest terminal and does not have many international flights so immigration and customs is relatively fast. ANA partners with United so I use them for my flights from the USA. I have found that it is best just to go directly to United Airline's website to make reservations. I usually end up with 3 flights. Manila to Tokyo, Tokyo to somewhere in USA, then one domestic flight to get home.

I usually stay the night I arrive or before I leave at the Remington Hotel, part of Resorts World Manila, which is very close to Terminal 3. They have a free shuttle to/from NAIA.

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Seriously a better way to find a GOOD FARE is to Look at the "FARE BASIS" once you find the FARE BASIS then start looking for that seat/ticket

I googled that but it looks complicated. Can you explain in 10 words or less? My attention span is short. Do you look at the fare basis for each airline or is there a site that has them all in a list?

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Seriously a better way to find a GOOD FARE is to Look at the "FARE BASIS" once you find the FARE BASIS then start looking for that seat/ticket

I googled that but it looks complicated. Can you explain in 10 words or less?

My attention span is short. Do you look at the fare basis for each airline or is there a site that has them all in a list?

10 words or less?? NO I AM NOT ABLE..

hard to fully explain.. as we know,

the airline has seats in 1st, business and coach, 

in coach, the available seats are sorted by the "fare basis" .

the 1st ones sold are usually the DEEPLY DISCOUNTED ,

B-/H-/K-/M-/L-/V-/S 

this is an example of the "seats" available when the airline starts to sell seats on the flight

some are the 30days, or more advance, others would be 3?,7.14 or 21 day, ,

also on some routes/airlines they may have an INSTANT PURCHASE  ticket.

each airline will have different FARE BASIS listed/available.

The B seat will be more expensive althou it will be available nearly until flight departure

The S seat will sell out 1st as its deeply discounted and usually will not allow you to earn "full"mileage ,

the H K M L V seats will vary in availability depending

on how the marketing department looks at the flight.routing and past history of this segment(flight)  .

if you plan to travel on "PAL "from LAX to here, they may have some seats open.on a higher fare

yet if this flight was a "CODE-SHARE" w/ ?? they may have the "cheaper seats available

even its a"PAL" operated flight. 

can i suggest that you look at the different airlines that you may fly from your home city to here,

then look at the cheapest fares,,, look at the small print, which tells you what the "fare"is,

once you find that "FARE BASIS"

then you can "find that cheap fare" to travel here,,

i cant explain clearly via written means to FULLY describe a "FARE BASIS",

the above is the easiest way i am able..

as a previous poster stated , he used a travel agent and saved,$$

perhaps that may be more appropriate for you .

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

Hung out for months in Kayak, skyscanner, and Cheap O Air. Even tried going directly through the airlines. After all the time and confusion, I finally gave up and went to a highly recommended travel agent. Best $50 I ever spent! Saved me $175 from the best price I could find. No obnoxious layovers, got my seats reserved and I don't have to fly into Manila. 

And the price was  ??????

Round trip Jacksonville, FL - Cebu $1,264. No long layovers. Got my seats reserved. No going into Manila. Flying Cathay Pacific.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Any Trends In Air Fares To Report?

Yes, I've noticed the trend seems to be that fares go up and down but mostly up. Hope that helps  :)

robert k
Posted
Posted

Have a good flight!

Danimal
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone! Lots of excellent information on this thread!