Any Trends In Air Fares To Report?

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Once upon a time, I was watching tickets and my dates changed in price from $2000 to $1200 at 2 months out. Guess they needed to fill some seats. Flight origin was in April 2012.

• 2 weeks later...
robert k
Posted
Posted

Just for giggles, on my trip advisor alert, Dallas to Manila $1076. Dallas to Cebu $1,999. I'm sure a cheaper flight can be found to Cebu and I'm sure you would have a fine time getting the 1076 fare to Manila, but since Cebu is not my final destination anyway, I could envision the limo picking me up at the airport in Manila, taking me to a nice resteraunt for some fine dining then driving me to Batangas pier where porters carry my bags and after a pleasant cruise to Puerto Galera I am met by hired transport on the other side to my desired destination. $920 should do for a flight to Manila on the return, hotel and entertainment for a night or two if necessary before I catch my flight out. I know, dream on! :)

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I wish they were that cheap going the other way.  I am shopping for Cebu to DFW round trip for October 2014... $1500 is cheapest I can find, and that is with 3 stops!    I am hoping Korean air runs some kind of special soon.... they are my favorites.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I wish they were that cheap going the other way.  I am shopping for Cebu to DFW round trip for October 2014... $1500 is cheapest I can find, and that is with 3 stops!    I am hoping Korean air runs some kind of special soon.... they are my favorites.

I have found the same thing. Round trip airfare originating from the Philippines costs more than a round trip to the Philippines originating in the US.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I have found the same thing. Round trip airfare originating from the Philippines costs more than a round trip to the Philippines originating in the US.
Oh! Much more in general? :unsure:

Hard to know a year in advance, when/if I want to/can visit Sweden next time, so it's much harder to know when to have the return ticket like that...  :th_unfair:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just for giggles, on my trip advisor alert, Dallas to Manila $1076. Dallas to Cebu $1,999. I'm sure a cheaper flight can be found to Cebu and I'm sure you would have a fine time getting the 1076 fare to Manila, but since Cebu is not my final destination anyway, I could envision the limo picking me up at the airport in Manila, taking me to a nice resteraunt for some fine dining then driving me to Batangas pier where porters carry my bags and after a pleasant cruise to Puerto Galera I am met by hired transport on the other side to my desired destination. $920 should do for a flight to Manila on the return, hotel and entertainment for a night or two if necessary before I catch my flight out. I know, dream on! :)

Wazz up Soldier, 

What have you been smoking?  Too much gunpowder during your boom-boom days in the US Army?  

You forgot one thing......don't forget about that limo banca boat to White Beach.....he, he.

Anyway, my take on this is that the RT airfare would be the lesser of the financial headaches.  Daily

expenses for an extended vacation would be much more $$ and stress.  Also consider the arrival time

to PI -- any thoughts on that guys?  Cooler at night but what about public service and transportation,

ATM hours, criminal activities, etc, etc during midnight arrivals?     

What about time of year?  Hot and very humid starting around FEB (when school is out) or starting

around JUNE is the rainy season and eventually typhoon season JULY-OCT, which may affect your

flight schedule.  I think mid JAN arrival is the more ideal to both wallet and weather condition.  Any

restrictions on what to wear on an international flight?  Can I arrive in shorts, sandals and ball cap?

I would avoid arriving into Manila like the plague -- I would rather fly into Clark instead...how are the

connections from there?

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spil chek

robert k
Posted
Posted

Criminal activities Jake? I hadn't thought of engaging in any, but what did you have in mind? :thumbsup:

Arriving in shorts i think is allright but take your cap off before you step up to the immigration kiosk.

I like to arrive anywhere during business hours, it makes life easier.

I don't worry about Philippines weather too much, it might be a little more humid but it's about 20 degrees cooler than a North Central Texas summer which is not a dry heat, you want dry, try El Paso. I've been outside mowing the lawn and seen several birds fall dead out of a tree where they had shade. As long as I have water, I'm fine. Whenever I'm someplace hot I just remember that when you stop sweating, you start dying.

Bring some piso, a few thousand at least as a security blanket, six or seven thousand if you are going to extend on arrival.

Ahh, the boom boom days, unforgettable because my ears permanently ring now. :1 (103): Public service message, don't sniff gunpowder, while it smells really good, that Toluene is bad for you.

• Like 1