Robbed In Angeles Hotel

Albert Russell
Posted
Posted

Just wondering where you stayed in Angeles City.  Most hotels will not let the girl leave the premises unless you are walk her downstairs or call the hotel front desk.  

Things like this do happen.  I had something someone similar happen to me...but after traveling to Asia for 25 years, something bad is bound to happen sooner or later.  You can be smart 99% of the time, but if you let your guard down once, something like this can happen. As you said..chock it up to experience. 

As far as the statement that it is a bargirl's job to separate a man from his possessions, that is taking a negative view on the girls who work in bars.  That certainly happens, and there are some girls working who indeed do not have morals, but in general over the years of visiting Angeles City, I would say that at least 80% of the girls working in bars would never dream of stealing from you.  

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
but in general over the years of visiting Angeles City, I would say that at least 80% of the girls working in bars would never dream of stealing from you.  

1 in 5

In a bar with 200 girls, 40 want more than P4P.

"As of 2009, one source estimated that there were 800,000 women working as prostitutes in the Philippines"

Lock up, men! There are 3 definitions of "safe" relating to this.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Albert, have you never had a girl try to cage lady drinks from you? They get a commission. The bar owner gets the lions share. "Sepatating a man from his money". You may be right that 80% may never "dream" of robbing you but as Jack Peterson says, opportunity makes a thief, they may do it spur of the moment.

I don't spend alot of time in bars but I have had had strippers try to cage a lady drink from me at a couple of bachelor parties. I asked one how much she gets from it and she told me $2 for an $18 drink. I gave her $2 for being honest about it.

Same thing when kids knock at my door selling overpriced candy for some school project. I won't buy the $10 candy but give them the $2 that the school would have received had they made the sale telling them to turn it in. Whether they turn it in or not, is up to them.

When ladies where I worked are helping their kids sell, school fundraising junk, I explain that I already pay taxes and have no children. I have already given at the office, literally. I also point out that I do not yet have children and therefore no way to recoup my losses by selling THEM school junk in return for my children.

Saying a bargirls job is to separate a man from his money is an accurate assessment, not a negative one unless the truth bothers you.

• Like 2

Albert Russell
Posted
Posted

but in general over the years of visiting Angeles City, I would say that at least 80% of the girls working in bars would never dream of stealing from you.  

1 in 5

In a bar with 200 girls, 40 want more than P4P.

"As of 2009, one source estimated that there were 800,000 women working as prostitutes in the Philippines"

Lock up, men! There are 3 definitions of "safe" relating to this.

Hi JP..

You got me there.....when you phrase my comments in the way you did, your point is very clear. 

Let me rephrase things...

I have spent over 100 nights in Angeles .  In that time, only once was I with a girl who seemed to be attempting to rip me off in my room, and I am not even sure about her.  I have only taken girls who work in bars back to my room however.

As far as lady drink scams, they happen all the time.  Girls actually get a 50% cut on lady drinks, and with Double Lady drinks in vogue now, many girls don't want to leave bars with customers anymore, since they can make a good living by hustling lady drinks.    That is the downside of Angeles..buying a $7-$8 double ladydrink guarantees you nothing but getting a few minutes of time with a girl.  It is a big reason why I no longer make it my primary destination.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Time to wrap this topic up and leave the night life stuff to the nightlife forums.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2