Ok Leaving In 9 Days For My First Trip. Any Advice On.....

lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

What else should I bring with me from the states?

Leaving in 9 days headed for Cebu. Meeting a young lady there I have chatted and been involved with for 14 months. An amazing story but for another time.

I got my shots

I have my passport

I have my Nevada DL

I will get my mosquito cream stuff....

Was told to get a special kind of money belt that goes not around your waist but in your pocket? Any suggestions on that and  should I get it there when I get there or here?

Uhm, I am told to do money exchange in Korea at airport, is that still a  good idea?

I am going to do a post about pills. (Vitamins some pain pills Doctor has me on when sciatica flares up some over the counter pills, sominax. Just wondering will that be a problem? Should I use pill container or just throw them in suitcase?

That is all I can think of am I missing anything?

I will arrive in Cebu on 17th ten minutes to midnight the hopefully have a ride from Qwest hotel where I will be until Saturday. Then A Cebu Pacific light to Bacolod (where she is) for a three day stay at Natures Village. From there it is still in the air. But don't want to get off subject. So, anything else you can think of I should bring? Thanks a whole lot everyone.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am going to do a post about pills. (Vitamins some pain pills Doctor has me on when sciatica flares up some over the counter pills, sominax. Just wondering will that be a problem? Should I use pill container or just throw them in suitcase?

I recommend leaving all prescription medications in their original bottle which has information about the prescription. Especially for pain pills which can be a controlled substance. Take them with you of course. As I recall there is a limit, you can only take a 90 day supply of meds.

I have used the money belt that goes around your waist at your belt line. It has worked well for me. If you sweat, make sure the money belt is water proof or you have any documents or cash inside a plastic bag. The only issue with this type of money belt is gaining access to it discreetly. That is why I carry a throw away wallet, one with a 2-3k pesos and some expired credit cards and id's to give to anyone who would rob me. Then I keep a thin money clip for one real credit card and my spending cash. An extra credit card, id, possibly passport and emergency cash stay in the money belt.

Enjoy your visit!

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 2

lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

I recommend leaving all prescription medications in their original bottle which has information about the prescription. Especially for pain pills which can be a controlled substance. Take them with you of course. As I recall there is a limit, you can only take a 90 day supply of meds.

I have used the money belt that goes around your waist at your belt line. It has worked well for me. If you sweat, make sure the money belt is water proof or you have any documents or cash inside a plastic bag. The only issue with this type of money belt is gaining access to it discreetly. That is why I carry a throw away wallet, one with a 2-3k pesos and some expired credit cards and id's to give to anyone who would rob me. Then I keep a thin money clip for one real credit card and my spending cash. An extra credit card, id, possibly passport and emergency cash stay in the money belt.

Enjoy your visit!

Where do you keep the thin money clip? God I hate those money belts you were in front of you looking like a pouch. Seems like such a give away. lol. What's this chain thing that clips to your pants and stays in your pocket. Ever hear of that? Thanks again ole mate.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I just keep the money clip in the same pocket as the throw away wallet. The wallet creates a bulge and the money clip is hardly noticeable.

So the thieves think they got your main wallet when you hand it to them.

On me the belt line money belt isn't noticeable. It is very thin and located underneath my pants.

I never carry anything in my back pockets and am careful about my front pockets due to pick pockets. I tend to wear cargo pants or shorts so I can use the extra pockets that have button or velcro closures.

Once I had a pack of smokes picked from the pocket of my hoodie.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

notify your credit/debt card issuer. as they may "block" you from using the card.

prepay/advance pay some of your US bills so they will not need immediate attention upon your return

. if you plan to use "condoms" bring your "US" brand as the ones sold here

may not be suitable to either your size or liking.

put a stop on your mail delivery/newspaper,

have someone to watch your home while away

BRING extra patience.

as the way of doing things here is waaaayyyy different than back home 

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Scan your documents to pdf format and email them to yourself.

Comes in handy when you need to print out copies to.

To avoid any hassles with medications, keep them in the original containers. As mentioned above, do not take more than you will need. Once customs opened our bags because the wife had several bottles of Kirkland vitamins. If you get off the plane and there is a chalk X mark on your checked baggage, count on the customs officers inviting you to their tables.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
What's this chain thing that clips to your pants and stays in your pocket. Ever hear of that?

I have a wallet I bought here that has a chain on it, which can be clipped to a belt loop or similar.  They have them at SM and Robinsons.  It is not going to stop someone who violently jerks the wallet, as something will give way, but at least it is a deterrent to your average amateur pickpocket or street kids.  I only use it when I am going in areas that are prone to pickpockets.

I have a few money belts for under the clothing, but as mentioned, they are hard to get at so I would only use them on an out of town trip to an iffy area.  I have one similar to the chained wallet I mentioned that is a soft thin pouch on a strap that you put on your belt loop and then slip it INSIDE your pants.  That is actually my favorite.  It is comfortable and accessible.

Some of the large luggage  / travel stores at malls in the US have a nice selections of travel belts, wallets, etc.  Gadget stores like Sharper Image and Brookstone might have some too.  Of course, online stores like Amazon probably have a lot too.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Was told to get a special kind of money belt that goes not around your waist but in your pocket? Any suggestions on that and  should I get it there when I get there or here?

You can get it anywhere you like but don't wear it through the airport inspections.  Use it once you have arrived at your destination.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

The money in a money belt is not for immediate use, in my opinion, it would be for transport. I would rather have an ankle wallet than a money belt if you are wearing long pants. Raine inc has a good looking ankle wallet on Amazon.

• Like 2

sjp52
Posted
Posted

What else should I bring with me from the states?

Leaving in 9 days headed for Cebu. Meeting a young lady there I have chatted and been involved with for 14 months. An amazing story but for another time.

I got my shots

I have my passport

I have my Nevada DL

I will get my mosquito cream stuff....

Uhm, I am told to do money exchange in Korea at airport, is that still a  good idea?

That is all I can think of am I missing anything?

I will arrive in Cebu on 17th ten minutes to midnight the hopefully have a ride from Qwest hotel where I will be until Saturday. Then A Cebu Pacific light to Bacolod (where she is) for a three day stay at Natures Village. From there it is still in the air. But don't want to get off subject. So, anything else you can think of I should bring? Thanks a whole lot everyone.

Think your ready. Put your helmot on soldier were going in...

• Like 3