Ok Leaving In 9 Days For My First Trip. Any Advice On.....

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Better bring toilet paper too, if you get an emergency before you find such   :)

• Like 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

Bring a rubber stopper for the sink and a decent can opener.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bring a big smile, a happy disposition, a bucket load of patience, same same common sense, enjoy.

P.S. never had a problem with money, I just use a normal back pocket wallet, never carry a lot of cash, just use the above common sense and you will be ok

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 3

lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

notify your credit/debt card issuer. as they may "block" you from using the card.

prepay/advance pay some of your US bills so they will not need immediate attention upon your return

. if you plan to use "condoms" bring your "US" brand as the ones sold here

may not be suitable to either your size or liking.

put a stop on your mail delivery/newspaper,

have someone to watch your home while away

BRING extra patience.

as the way of doing things here is waaaayyyy different than back home 

Speaking of condoms, what about my over the counter (clears throat) male enhancement, naturect...pi;;s. Can I throw them in my suitcase or will suitcase be jacked open? :D

robert k
Posted
Posted

I've brought alot of vitamins before and I plan to again. I would say you could bring over the counter "woody" stuff in sealed original packaging, or you could try the local brands. Then too, you may find you don't need it after all. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I've brought alot of vitamins before and I plan to again. I would say you could bring over the counter "woody" stuff in sealed original packaging, or you could try the local brands. Then too, you may find you don't need it after all. :tiphat:

Or you can eat food   :)

(E g  fruit or vegs for vitamin C

brown rice for vitamin B.

Vitamin D you surely DON'T need, because there are a lot of sun   :)

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

Thomas, I do eat fruit and veggies, but when I get sick I will take fairly massive doses of vitamin C since your body can use 10,000 miligrams of vitamin C a day if you are very sick, you can't eat that much fruit and veg. If you are not sick 5k miligrams of vitamin C can act as a natural laxitive as your body will purge it, if you aren't terribly deficient.

I take eye health supplements with vitamin C and Lutein and I recommend that everyone do so, it made a big difference in my visual acuity, it took about 3 months before it really made a big difference for me so take them for a few months before deciding that they don't work. I just use reading glasses now for contracts.

I recommend Ginkgo-Biloba for memory support, I take 240 miligrams a day and it's made a marked improvement in everyone I've known who started taking it. :) 

• Like 2

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Was told to get a special kind of money belt that goes not around your waist but in your pocket? Any suggestions on that and should I get it there when I get there or here?
Try eaglecreek.com, thats where I got the one that I have fromd
  • Like 1

lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

I like to take a couple of a month, it helps. But you are right may not NEED it.Question though, should take in carry on or is it ok to throw in suitcase?

lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

Or you can eat food   :)

(E g  fruit or vegs for vitamin C

brown rice for vitamin B.

Vitamin D you surely DON'T need, because there are a lot of sun   :)

I do all of that...I eat as Vegan.Pesco Vegan. So like i said a couple a month ehh it helps. (Keeps me sure)