Ok Leaving In 9 Days For My First Trip. Any Advice On.....

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I've brought alot of vitamins before and I plan to again. I would say you could bring over the counter "woody" stuff in sealed original packaging, or you could try the local brands. Then too, you may find you don't need it after all. :tiphat:

Or you can eat food   :)

(E g  fruit or vegs for vitamin C

brown rice for vitamin B.

Vitamin D you surely DON'T need, because there are a lot of sun   :)

I do all of that...I eat as Vegan.Pesco Vegan. So like i said a couple a month ehh it helps. (Keeps me sure) 

More complicated for Vegans to get compleete nutricion, I have been Vegetarian many years, mainly because Vegetarians need around 2 hours less sleep per night than Meat eaters, so I changed food habbits to get more time to do interesting/funny things :dance:    (I started when I did work normal office hours and Olympic Games would be send during evenings and nights. So I could only sleep 23.30-01.30 and 05.30 -07.30 when they show summaries of earlier showed  :)   A bit tireding, but I functioned OK because of the food change some earlier.)

Thomas, I do eat fruit and veggies, but when I get sick I will take fairly massive doses of vitamin C since your body can use 10,000 miligrams of vitamin C a day if you are very sick, you can't eat that much fruit and veg.
Have you tried "The nature penecilin" = garlic?   If you eat it thewed together with apple, you can eat much without hurting your mouth.  At least for illnesses as e g sinusitis, garlic is very effective, and I have made garlic cures when I had to be well from flue fever fast because of upcoming sport competitions I had to be OK to.
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

(off topic

How much have the meat industry paid them?    :)

Vegetarians were twice as likely to have allergies, a 50 percent increase in heart attacks and a 50 percent increase in incidences of cancer.

SEVERAL researches show REDUCED cancer risk by eating vegs and fruits...

But perhaps the Austrian research group only have eaten vegs and fruits with to much pesticides  :)   THEN I would believe that research.

(I have no allergies, except the small ones I had before I became vegetarian too. My knee problems started back when I did eat meat  :)   I got brain inflamation by a tick bite, but I suppouse that have nothing to do with if being meat eater or vegetarian. In average I have had only ONE illness leave per sex YEARS . I doubt many meat eaters beat that  :)

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

this probably should be a new topic.  But most meat eaters as you call them do not eat just meat.  the meal comprises a small portion of meat and a large portion of vegetables.  Sunday lunch roast beef and veg. that would be potatoes mashed and roast plus three veg.  I think in the trade its called a balanced diet.  I a meat eater get by on 4 hours sleep a day have done for the last 30 years though once a month i do crash out for twelve hours solid. Though I will admit my diet now seems to be SM Pale Pilsen plenty of vitamins in that. So i maybe should be classed as vegan  

Thomas
Posted
Posted

(of topic

But most meat eaters as you call them do not eat just meat.
  Yes, but - beside often growth hormons - meat includes urine acid, which the body get tired of get rid of.

And many - specialy many of us older men  :)  - eat (almost) no vegs.

• Like 1

lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

I've brought alot of vitamins before and I plan to again. I would say you could bring over the counter "woody" stuff in sealed original packaging, or you could try the local brands. Then too, you may find you don't need it after all. :tiphat:

Or you can eat food   :)

(E g  fruit or vegs for vitamin C

brown rice for vitamin B.

Vitamin D you surely DON'T need, because there are a lot of sun   :)

I do all of that...I eat as Vegan.Pesco Vegan. So like i said a couple a month ehh it helps. (Keeps me sure) 

More complicated for Vegans to get compleete nutricion, I have been Vegetarian many years, mainly because Vegetarians need around 2 hours less sleep per night than Meat eaters, so I changed food habbits to get more time to do interesting/funny things :dance:    (I started when I did work normal office hours and Olympic Games would be send during evenings and nights. So I could only sleep 23.30-01.30 and 05.30 -07.30 when they show summaries of earlier showed  :)   A bit tireding, but I functioned OK because of the food change some earlier.)

Thomas, I do eat fruit and veggies, but when I get sick I will take fairly massive doses of vitamin C since your body can use 10,000 miligrams of vitamin C a day if you are very sick, you can't eat that much fruit and veg.
Have you tried "The nature penecilin" = garlic?   If you eat it thewed together with apple, you can eat much without hurting your mouth.  At least for illnesses as e g sinusitis, garlic is very effective, and I have made garlic cures when I had to be well from flue fever fast because of upcoming sport competitions I had to be OK to.

Well. its funny you should say that. I have not had problems getting complete nutrican   here in the states. I never believed that idea that it is. I have only been concerned about being there that I AM SURE it would be. I am a Whole Foods. Trade Joe's type shopper. So I have actually for the last few days been eating as a vegetarian. Adding eggs. I actually should say Pescotarian, because I will never give up fish and seafood and since I am coming to a place where that abounds I figure I should be ok. My girls has surprised me by getting several books on vegan and vegetarian dishes and have cooked them and has been eating as pescotarian as well. Which was really hard for her cause she liked pork and seems they eat LOTS of pork there. I didn't and would not have asked her to do that at all, she did it to learn me and to please me and now she is loving it because of the change she sees in her own body and skin. Anywho, one reason why I am sure I picked a good one. So I will eat as as Pesco, when I get there and should I decide to stay. I appreciate your comments very knowledgeable. 

robert k
Posted
Posted

Life as isreal, I would carry the woody pills in checked bags, unless you think you will need it on the flight or layover :thumbsup:.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
I will never give up fish and seafood

But then you are far from being Vegan  :) who skip MORE than vegetarians, who don't eat either meat, birds, fish or other seafood.

I have not had problems getting complete nutrican

Not any "problem" to be Vegan, just harder to keep order of what to eat to get all nutricions.

Moderators note:  Thomas, you are off topic.  I realize from this thread that other members are commenting to keep pushing you further off topic but please stop now.  You are welcome to start a new thread to discuss this.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Warning

lifeasisrael
Posted
Posted

Life as isreal, I would carry the woody pills in checked bags, unless you think you will need it on the flight or layover :thumbsup:.

LOL.