Deportation And Blacklisting In Ph Questions

dammie
Posted
Posted

Hi there! I have a japanese friend who went to the Ph when he was 5 and went back to japan when he was 17. His mother is Filipino and dad is Japanese. When he was at the airport going to japan he was given a paper saying he has overstaying tax and will be deported and blacklisted. My friend who was in shock because he didnt know about these things. So after 7 years I finally convinced him to go back home to the ph for vacation. I am planning on calling the ph embassy here in japan soon but not yet sure. Anyone has the same experience? Any advice would be helpful. :) Im filipina btw, just turned 18 and new on this forum.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Welcome Dammie. Logically I believe your friend had a right to be in the RP if his mother was Filipino and something could be worked out with her birth certificate and his through the Philippines embassy, but logic does not always apply when it comes to Government

• Like 2

dammie
Posted
Posted

Well I did thought about that but he was already issued a tax invoice which is 160,000php or more. Same goes with his younger brother who is still in the PH. What to do :(

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well I did thought about that but he was already issued a tax invoice which is 160,000php or more. Same goes with his younger brother who is still in the PH. What to do :(

Do you mean the old OVERSTAYING punishment fee?

IF it can't be deducted by law by he is part Filipino, I suppouse paying it is a demand to let him in.

(Isn't 160 000pesos a normal MONTH salary in Japan?   If so that part seem solvable.)

MikeB
Posted
Posted

There is a procedure for applying to have your name removed from blacklisting; from memory, it involves writing letters to the Commissioner, documentation, and (of course) paying all applicable fees and penalties. You can find the information by searching the various sites. But this is a legal matter between your friend and the government of the Philippines; unless he is physically unable, he should be the one calling the embassy, contacting BI, etc. 

• Like 1

dammie
Posted
Posted

Do you mean the old OVERSTAYING punishment fee?

IF it can't be deducted by law by he is part Filipino, I suppouse paying it is a demand to let him in.

(Isn't 160 000pesos a normal MONTH salary in Japan? If so that part seem solvable.)

Yes the OLD OVERSTAYING PUNISHMENT FEE which was 7years ago. Theres no problem about the cash thats easy to find here. What I want to know about is where and how to pay and lift the blacklist from my friend. I tried calling the consulate today and the woman told me I should call the immigration office and not them. The immigration office which the website is not opening ~_~ Help!

dammie
Posted
Posted

There is a procedure for applying to have your name removed from blacklisting; from memory, it involves writing letters to the Commissioner, documentation, and (of course) paying all applicable fees and penalties. You can find the information by searching the various sites. But this is a legal matter between your friend and the government of the Philippines; unless he is physically unable, he should be the one calling the embassy, contacting BI, etc.

Yes I will make him do everything, its just he doesnt know what to do yet so I'm researching for him. I have been googling for weeks and finally found this forum and its really a big help. Thank you guys :)

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The immigration office which the website is not opening ~_~ Help!

Try one of these Telephone Numbers (32) 345-6442/3/4

Or send a Fax to (32) 345-6441

Hope it helps

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

The immigration office which the website is not opening ~_~ Help!

Hope it helps

1. try looking at the BI facebook site..

2.consider contacting the FAC they may have the "answer" your seeking.

as a previous poster has said if they have a Filipina mother

and the Birth is on a NSO certificate

3. obtain the mothers NSO/birth certificate to further substantiate his claim and if married proof of marriage***^^^^

this should be helpful to prove that he is a native born Philippine citizen

4. he should TRY to get his PHILIPPINE PASSPORT at his location

Providing he meets the criteria  

http://www.foreign-assistance-center.com/

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/18376-foreign-assistance-center/

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

dammie
Posted
Posted

Hope it helps

Thank you! Will call those numbers asap.