Coming From The Us?

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)
coming to Cebu anytime soon,... forever postage stamps

If you have no takers on this and have patience to wait I can put some in the next box to Cebu City, Guadalupe.  You'd have to get them from there.

Just offering...

OR, I don't know what it costs to mail a letter via USPS, anyone got that on top of their head??? USPS site claims it is $1.15.  I'll find out tomorrow for sure as I have to mail a letter to Manila and will try them.

So, there you go... options.

:cheersty:

Edited by GregZ

MikeB
Posted
Posted

This SSA "proof of life" letter is extremely time-sensitive, if not received back within 60 days they will begin procedures to stop benefits. I would never give such a letter to Philpost. The SSA address in the US is a PO box. The carriers are fast and dependable; I think LBC charges about p1200 for a single "non-important" letter or document to the US, but they don't deliver to PO boxes, hence the conundrum. Every time they ask me what is the document I'm sending I am tempted to say, "none of your business", but so far have resisted. 

• Like 1

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Greggz thank you, that would be great. It won't help me with my current problem, but it will for the future. If you could send me ten of the forever stamps that are self adhesive, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Greggz thank you, that would be great. It won't help me with my current problem, but it will for the future. If you could send me ten of the forever stamps that are self adhesive, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I believe the booklets contain 20 self adhesive stamps.

By the way, the US Postal Service also sells forever stamps for international postage. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This SSA "proof of life" letter is extremely time-sensitive, if not received back within 60 days they will begin procedures to stop benefits. I would never give such a letter to Philpost. The SSA address in the US is a PO box. The carriers are fast and dependable; I think LBC charges about p1200 for a single "non-important" letter or document to the US, but they don't deliver to PO boxes, hence the conundrum. Every time they ask me what is the document I'm sending I am tempted to say, "none of your business", but so far have resisted. 

You all may have done this already, but if you call SS they may be able to give you a physical address for the delivery.  I used to work for an express carrier and we could not deliver to a PO Box, so we would have to get a physical address.  Most of the government offices get a lot of non-USPS express letters and packages these days so they usually have something set up.  Getting the physical address information from them may be an issue if they are told not to give it out to the general public.

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Yes, I'll try that. I already sent the 2 letters yesterday to my friend in NJ via LBC. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Yes, I'll try that. I already sent the 2 letters yesterday to my friend in NJ via LBC. 

If you get an address, post it up.  They might not be familiar with LBC, so tell them you are going to use Fedex and need a physical address.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I mailed my SSA Questionnaire back today at Philpost for only P105. This is my 4th year in mailing the questionnaire back at Philpost. I worked for the US Government for 35 years so I know nothing ever gets done fast. Deadlines are set but there are always exceptions like us who are living in the Philippines. We don't have any control of how fast or slow the mail is. I can understand people worrying about their SSA getting cut off by the slow mail here but you're worrying for nothing.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

As part of our retirement, we set up a mailbox address in South Dakota. They are instructed to get rid of anything that looks like junk mail and mail once a month all other correspondents. If it seems urgent like a notice for jury duty, the service will open the envelope and convert it to pdf file to send via email. All banking and stock brokerage accounts are electronic only so the service company won't see something that is private.   .

If I was living overseas and wanted to conceal my location, the service would accept the letter and resend it using my South Dakota box address. This is for situations like someone has an ex-wife who is trying to track you down.

JJ,

When you move to another country you are not required to be present for jury duty so the notification is no long urgent.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

10 stamps on the way my man. :tiphat:  $1.15 postage as the USPS site said.  I'll PM you when they get in country.  Figure 4 weeks? (Guessing based on a postcard sent to me in Cebu City a while back.)  You'll be good the next time if you want to do it the same way.  :nudie:

• Like 1