Coming From The Us?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
When you move to another country you are not required to be present for jury duty so the notification is no long urgent.

Thanks Americano for this information. 

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Today I received my Globe Mobile bill via Philpost for the month of April. If I had waited for the bill to pay they would have already disconnected me. I think I'll keep using the courier for SSA letters to the US. 

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

When you move to another country you are not required to be present for jury duty so the notification is no long urgent.

Thanks Americano for this information. 

Hi JJReyes,

I hope you are being serious and not being sarcastic. This is what I was told by the courts in Alabama when I left there in 2009. In Alabama if you don't show up for Jury Duty a Warrant for your arrest will be issued, but before the warrant is issued a search will be done to be sure you are still living in Alabama. Once you move to another country you are no longer required to attend jury duty.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Today I received my Globe Mobile bill via Philpost for the month of April. If I had waited for the bill to pay they would have already disconnected me. I think I'll keep using the courier for SSA letters to the US. 

Mike you should tell Globe that you want to receive your monthly bill by email like my wife and I do so you don't have to wait on the slow mail system.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I am signed up for paperless billing on both accts so I am supposed to receive it by email but I only get the Home Tattoo bill by email, not the mobile bill. I gave up asking why. You can also check it online but the mobile bill is at least 2 months behind while the other is current. Go figure. You can check your current balance on any post paid phone plan by dialing *143#. 

But my point about receiving the Globe bill 2 and a half months late via Philpost is that I would never trust them for something important like the SSA letters back to the US. LBC costs p1200 but a least it gets there and I can track it.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am signed up for paperless billing on both accts so I am supposed to receive it by email but I only get the Home Tattoo bill by email, not the mobile bill. I gave up asking why. You can also check it online but the mobile bill is at least 2 months behind while the other is current. Go figure. You can check your current balance on any post paid phone plan by dialing *143#. 

But my point about receiving the Globe bill 2 and a half months late via Philpost is that I would never trust them for something important like the SSA letters back to the US. LBC costs p1200 but a least it gets there and I can track it.

You said, "I would never trust them for something important like the SSA letters back to the US."  So what does that tell you about a business operated by Filipinos?  You cannot trust Filipinos to do anything correctly and on time.  Time means nothing to them unless they are doing it for them selves. Self centered and Selfishness are the words you can use.  Your urgent mail is not important to them unless you pay them a bribe.  My wife and I pay them a few Pesos a year so we never have any problems with our mail. My last SSA letter which was received last month only took one week to reach me.

Edited by Americano

• 3 weeks later...
GregZ
Posted
Posted
If anyone is coming to Cebu anytime soon, I could use 20 or so of the forever postage stamps

Please check pm.  Stamps are in Cebu City.  I left contact information there.

:thumbsup: :tiphat:

• Like 1