Filipina Time

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My wife runs on Filipino time for the most part. I've come to accept this will not change in my lifetime and deal with it best I can.

What do you guys do when you must be someplace at a specific time?

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Blatantly lie and take off an hour when we're due anywhere important lol.  When she realises I'm generally in trouble despite having explained the Western concepts of tardiness and politeness!   :1 (103):  

• Like 4

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

No problems here...she is PUNCTUAL!  I think it was ingrained in her a long time ago that it is inconsiderate to keep people waiting. 

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Promptness IS the courtesy of kings. :)

• Like 4

jon1
Posted
Posted

I usually do the same as Brett and tell her that it is an hour before I want to. Another tactic is to go somewhere very early in the morning, I usually ask her so if we are leaving at 0600, what time do you need to get up to be ready by then? She is usually on time employing this method +/- 5m... 

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I just gave up, it was causing to many arguments. If I have to be somewhere, at a time, I go alone. Odd though, she is never, late for Work or Church  :unsure:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I just gave up, it was causing to many arguments. If I have to be somewhere, at a time, I go alone. Odd though, she is never, late for Work or Church  :unsure:

This is what it has come to with us as well. I'll just say " I will go ahead" .

Sometimes I will move the time ahead an hour or two.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

My wife runs on Filipino time for the most part. I've come to accept this will not change in my lifetime and deal with it best I can.

Maybe you don't have to be someplace at a specific time in the Philippines because you are expected to be late just like most Filipinos. Did you ever think about it that way?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Maybe you don't have to be someplace at a specific time in the Philippines because you are expected to be late just like most Filipinos. Did you ever think about it that way?

The good side to Filipino time is that in some instances there is no need to meet a dealine just relax and go with it.

The down side is missing an international flight. Missing flights or important appointments is my issue.

• Like 3