Ferries To Bohol

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Anyone know if the taloot to loon ferries is still running ? Its the one just north of Argao

Also the price of cebu to tagbalarian and if there's a roro going that way

May be better to just rent bikes than transport them ?

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)

As of early March that ferry was still going to Tagbilaran because the Loon pier was destroyed by the earthquake. At that time they had switched to "cargo only" so only vehicles were allowed, don't know if that includes bikes. They said they were going to switch back but don't know what they're doing now. The number they gave us there is 09xxxxxxxxxx. If you can't get anyone let me know and I'll stop by and ask. 

Edited by MikeB
Cell # no longer valid
  • Like 4

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike your one of the reasons this is such a great forum

• Like 2

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I called them the ferrie gos from taloot to tag now 850 for a scooter and 200 per head leaves at 4 am and noon be at least a hour early

• Like 2

crad
Posted
Posted

if that is 1050 for bike and driver then that is a pretty expensive ferry. Whereas before the Argao-Loon ferry was not expensive at all for bike and driver, although I never took it myself. Though I don't know the prices for sure I would imagine that the most cost effective way Cebu-Bohol for bike and driver would be to take the ferry from Cebu city to Tubigon and then drive the 50km to Tagbilaran.

Americano
Posted
Posted

The two times I took a ferry from taloot to loon the cost for the driver was included in the cost for the motor scooter, multicab or car. We only paid extra for my wife. The last trip I made was near the end of May last year.

• Like 2

crad
Posted
Posted

yes it is bike and driver the way the price is usually quoted. If you ship only the bike over (which you can do, i have done it), to be picked up by someone else at the arrival port, then it costs less.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Just this week the boat to dumaguete the people are free if you pay for the bikes

From San Carlos to Toledo you played seperste for bikes and people no free for the driver

crad
Posted
Posted

yes they can do that, but it is probably just a promo or gimmick really to make the customers think they are getting a good deal when they are not. Like it was 'free' for me to travel as a passenger when I shipped my bike over from north Danao to Isabel, Leyte once. But it cost me 1350 pesos anyway just for the bike for the 4.5 hour crossing. More than bike and driver cost me a couple of weeks later from Ormoc, to Cebu city, which is not only a longer 6 hour crossing, but i got an airconditioned bunk for that as well. Prices for bikes on ferries varies a great deal. I paid a totally outrageous 1300 in total in February to get myself and a bike from Ozamis to Iligan, which is only two hours. Whereas Danao to Consuelo, Camotes, also two hours, is only 500 bike and driver.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

No gimmick on the dumaguete only 205 p return fair cheapest ferry I have found

• Like 2